“Italian passion in every dish”
Review of al chile viola

al chile viola
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Al chile viola offers a great collection of incredible italian dishes prepared carefully by our italian chef Emiliano and served by his wife Luz.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We dined at Chile Viola 2 nights during our week long visit in Santa Teresa. The drinks we delicious - I recommend Green Feather (made with avocado). The food was excellent and the portions were big. The homemade brownie with banana was fabulous. We loved Emiliano and his wife. They are so dedicated and welcoming. I highly recommend Chile Viola!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Everyone I spoke to mentioned this restaurant. It is a lovely setting.

We had the tuna tartare which was excellent.

Shared the ravioli which was good but not great. Also shared another pasta dish which was very average and they used far too much oil.

Drinks were very good. Overall we liked this restaurant but I would not say that it is the best food in town.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

lovely place and great food in family ambient,i order a special plate that the italian chef Emiliano
suggest to me and was amazing, i stay 4 days in santa teresa and i eat there 3 time and always was exelent i realli recomended

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I returned to Santa Teresa this year and found Al Chile Viola a short walk from our accommodation - Red Palm Villas.

The food here is excellent. Over a ten night stay we ended up eating here on six nights because of the quality of the food and service. We introduced some friends to the restaurant and they joined us for several nights with the same thoughts and compliments.

A wide range of antipasti dishes on the core menu along with some pastas are then added to by an extensive blackboard of specials which changed every evening. Salads, pastas, fish dishes, meat dishes - something for everyone, coupled with a large drinks menu and some specials every night.

Luz and her husband were great hosts, and on every evening we were made to feel very welcome. On the rare occasion that the service was not immaculate (due to the restaurant being busier than expected) we were very quickly apologized to, and a courtesy drink was offered at the end of the meal - a sign to me of true service and someone who cares that their customers are happy.

Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates great food and service.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife & I along w/ our fellow travelers were hungry and decided to hit the 1st restaurant in Santa Teresa that was open. We happened upon this unassuming place & decided to give it a try. I ordered for an appetizer "Bull's Balls Ravioli" and a fish dish. My wife had a vegetarian dish & the others had different dishes. All were fabulous. The chef, Emiliano, visited our table and his beautiful wife, Luz, was the wait staff. We are. All foodies and spoke at length with Luz about cuisines. She talked about a special Valencian Paella that included no fish, but rabbit and chicken. Luz said that they would put it on the menu the nextFriday. We came and the wait was worth it. We learned an entire new dish. In addition, their Mojitos (with a splash of ginger) out did any Mojitos we had in Puerto Rico. Best restaurant in Santa Teresa is unquestionably Al Chile Viola!