“You created a monster” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rica Surf & SUP

Costa Rica Surf & SUP
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding tours, and multi-day clinics in the Santa Teresa area. Our highly-trained staff ensures safety and excitement as you discover the wonders of Costa Rica. Ideal for individuals, friends, and families. Our scenic pueblo of started out as a remote fishing village. It is known for its long beaches, warm Pacific ocean, friendly locals, and relaxed atmosphere. We have been here since 2001. We are proud of our surfing roots and wish to share our passion and the pure vida spirit.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You created a monster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a highlight of my 40th birthday trip to spend a couple hours with Al and Benny's SUP tour. So much fun. Been shopping for them ever since I got home. Could be my next new hobby. Give Thanks!

Visited March 2013
CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Hey! Thanks for the good review! Hope you're still SUPing and loving it.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just a brilliant place to learn to surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I'd never surfed before, and wasn't convinced I could or wanted to .... But a day of sitting looking at the waves in Santa Teresa convinced me it would be mad not to. Benni and Nick were fantastic teachers - they made the whole thing fun and clear, from popping up to learning to turn. I wasn't sure I would even be getting off the beach but within a week I was able to pop up, get out through the waves, stay on the board (sometimes) and even ride some waves in to shore. I'd recommend to anyone.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write an awesome review! We really appreciate it. It's always great to hear when we really helped someone stoked on surfing. That's what it's all about!

Whitehorse, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good school but customer service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was in Santa Teresa in January and I booked a lesson with Costa Rica Surf and Sup for myself and my son. Our instructor was Kelsey and she was great and we had a good time. Afterwards, we talked about going surfing again at a different beach. I followed up with an email to make arrangements. Benny replied later that evening saying she would get back to us with the details. She never followed up and so we ended up losing out on a day of surfing since by the time I realized she wasn't getting back to us, we were too late to set something else up. I ended up going to another surf shop for the rest of our trip and had a great experience.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank 338Traveller
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry to hear about Benny not getting back to you. I know January is a very busy time of year, but still no excuse. Benny and Al are good friends of mine, and I actually bought the business from them about a year ago. If you ever find yourself back in town, please stop by and say hello. I'll take your son out for a surf myself, free of charge.

Old Chelsea, Quebec, Canada
“If you choose them, you will definately not regret it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My trip in Santa Teresa soo much fun. A big part of the fun was these guys. The surf lessons are great, the paddleboard was awesome and the instructors are amazing. Benny, Al, Kelsey and Nick are such nice people and they want to have fun. It was clear to me that they are not just doing it for the money, but they enjoy what they do, and that is what makes it so much better then the other surf schools. If you are looking to enjoy nice surf lessons, and beautiful paddleboard expeditions with very nice people, then you should definately consider Costa Rica Surf & SUP. If ever you have questions, just email them, the respond is very quick. They helped us find the best restaurants and the best yoga studios in town, as they pretty much tryed them all. Thanks to them, I really enjoyed the trip. Thanks Costa Rica Surf & SUP!!!

Visited March 2013
Hey buddy! Hope all is well. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. I can't wait to see you down here again at some point.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Surf Instructors in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Benny and Al from Costa Rica Surf & SUP definitely made my trip to Costa Rica an unforgettable one! Traveling with a small group of girls (for the first time), we were unsure about what to do, how to get around, and most importantly, how safe it was for us. Benny put us at ease and helped us with everything (from budgeting to planning our itinerary). We surfed with our instructor, Kelsey Hanson, who is so energetic and motivating. Very informative and clear with instructions. She got all of us standing up on our boards on the first day! We were even able to move down to smaller boards, only after a few days. We surfed for 7 days and also went on the SUP tour. The Costa Rica Surf & SUP crew definitely make you feel like part of the family. The purpose of going to Costa Rica was to learn how to surf, but the main highlight was meeting Benny, Al and Kelsey. They truly cared about our success as surfers and overall happiness as travelers. They definitely added to the entire experience. Learn from the best and go with Costa Rica Surf & SUP!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lorayne M
Hey! Thanks for the great review.
Hope to see you here in the near future!