“Costa Rica Surf and SUP is AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rica Surf & SUP

Costa Rica Surf & SUP
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding tours, and multi-day clinics in the Santa Teresa area. Our highly-trained staff ensures safety and excitement as you discover the wonders of Costa Rica. Ideal for individuals, friends, and families. Our scenic pueblo of started out as a remote fishing village. It is known for its long beaches, warm Pacific ocean, friendly locals, and relaxed atmosphere. We have been here since 2001. We are proud of our surfing roots and wish to share our passion and the pure vida spirit.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Costa Rica Surf and SUP is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Benni and Al are fantastic teachers and so much fun to be around! Everyone that tried to surf got up almost immediately and looked good doing it. They were so patient and encouraging. Stand up paddle boarding was made easy too. Even my grandparents did it!
I couldn't have asked for a better experience and will definitely be going back :)
thanks Benni and Alvaro!

Visited January 2013
CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Three generations paddle boarding – how cool! Since the 16 of ya were in town for the wedding, we knew your crew was going to be an especially fun group. Your sisters, mom, & aunt were so cool to teach to surf. Go girl power! Glad that we busted thru some fear issues and rode waves allllll tha way to the shore. Come back and consider staying for more than a week! Bennison

“The best trip of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Benni and Al were such amazing teachers! I surfed and did the stand up paddle boarding. They gave me great tips and I caught some awesome waves surfing! Thank you so much! This trip was very memorable thanks to Bennison and Al!

Best trip of your life?!?! Awesome! Amiga, you are a very natural surfer. Glad you gave it a go! It was so much fun to spend the week with you & your fam. Glad you got the surfing bug! Bennison
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Time of our lives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Costa Rica surf and sup hooked us up!! Not only did Benny get me and my 3 daughters surfing first day, I got up on my first try and rode a wave! Al and Benny are knowledgable and patient and made us all feel comfortable trying a new sport. They also were able to accommodate my family on a paddle board trip to a river. There were 14 of us including our parents and we all were able to successfully paddle the river. What a blast! They also took me and my husband SUP on the ocean to a island and both my husband and I rode some waves on the paddle board. They were excellent teachers out on the ocean. Because they know the town they also recommended many restaurants, taxis, massage, yoga etc to make our wedding trip one to never forget. Thanks you two for everything. I highly recommend CR Surf &SUP!

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Amazing and beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Benny took us paddleboarding on the river and it was a magical experience -- such fun and incredibly beautiful. Their adorable beagle, Mango, came along too, and we became completely obsessed with her. We saw approximately a gazillion types of birds and vegetation and just totally relaxed into the experience despite my total inexperience and minor trepidation. Benny is incredibly knowledgeable and sweet and cool! Definitely do this one.

Hamden, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best experience in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to santa teresa and learned how to paddleboard with benny and al. WE LOVED IT! we went on a half day excursion to a near by river and ocean. Al was great at teaching us and helped us pick up the sport right away. After going on the river which lead us through the jungle we went and paddleboarded in the ocean. We found ourselves paddleboarding in paradise with the sunset and serenity of the beach. Even though they say its a 3 hour activity Al lets you stay in the water as long as you want so you actually end up spending the whole afternoon surfing. I highly recommend it! plus Al and Benny are amazing people who make you feel like your family!