“SO fun and helpful!”

Costa Rica Surf & SUP
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons, stand up paddle boarding tours, and multi-day clinics in the Santa Teresa area. Our highly-trained staff ensures safety and excitement as you discover the wonders of Costa Rica. Ideal for individuals, friends, and families. Our scenic pueblo of started out as a remote fishing village. It is known for its long beaches, warm Pacific ocean, friendly locals, and relaxed atmosphere. We have been here since 2001. We are proud of our surfing roots and wish to share our passion and the pure vida spirit.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Thank you so so so much for helping our group have such an amazing time in Santa Teresa!!! We had a blast surfing some CRAZY waves and were so excited that by the end we were all catching our own waves! I felt like a pro! We did the SUP tour on the river too and that was so awesome. Got to see monkeys, raccoons, birds, fish, lizard, etc.! It was definitely unforgetable!

Beyond all that you guys were SO helpful with ANY questions I had before we arrived in Santa Teresa. You were my go-to for places to eat, how to get there, any questions I had! I cannot thank you enough for helping out...I felt like I had a friend down there before even arriving!

You guys are the best and I definitely see myself heading down there again!!! Everyone GO try out Costa Rica Surf and SUP!

1  Thank 351KimG
CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I couldn’t believe we saw that raccoon while paddleboarding! I remember seeing the bananas and making y’all turn around to come have a look, then out popped that raccoon and totally gave us a show! He looked like a masked bandit and went about his business even though we were so close. Us being on the river gave ‘em peace of mind. I was happy to help with your vacation planning. It’s really fun to be people’s go-to-girl here in Santa Teresa. Come back for more crazy waves and good times, Bennison

There are newer reviews for Costa Rica Surf & SUP

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We took our first ever surf lesson on our honeymoon last week. Kelsey did a great job going over safety and explaining the technique before we hit the water. She got both me and my partner up in our first lesson and was genuinely cheering and excited. Even when we fell off repeatedly she was encouraging and kept us upbeat.
Bennison was also super helpful over email and gave suggestions for the other activities we were interested in. We both definitely recommend Surf and SUP. There are a ton of other surf rental and lesson companies in the area but you can't go wrong with this one!
Annelise and Coby

Thanks for spending your honeymoon at our surf camp in Costa Rica! There’s nothing like seeing your sweetie surf a wave allllll the way to the shore. I was happy to help with your vacation planning via email before you got to STCR. I’ll make sure that Kelsey knows you loved her genuine excitement and attention to safety. Are you coming back for your anniversary? Benny

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Thanks for teaching Alisa and I to surf. Those two weeks were life changing. We both have boards back home and continue to surf... I caught three waves today after work ;)D ... Not bad for an old guy...

The only thing that could have been better for us in Costa Rica would have been meeting you earlier in our trip! Thanks for the good times - we can't wait to make it back! S.

You caught three waves after work today? Congrats, my friend! Once you know surf stoke, you get addicted to the feeling and the euphoria of gliding along a wave. We are so glad that you are paddling out in your hometown. If you come back to our Costa Rica surf camp, we’ll help you get to the next level. May you catch more waves tomorrow, the next day, and the rest of your life. Keep surfing, my friends! Bennison

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I emailed Benny regarding our trip to Santa Teresa about a month before our departure with some questions about what Costa Rica Surf and SUP had to offer. She promptly replied with extensive answers to all my questions. We emailed back and forth several times and though, at the time, I never scheduled anything, she went out of her way to offer assistance and suggestions.

When we arrived in Santa Teresa, I called at the last minute to see if I could arrange a SUP tour that afternoon for my family. No problem at all. Al, her husband, picked us up and drove to a quiet river that wove through mangroves. It was a very cool way to explore the area. When we finished, Al asked if we would like to paddle in the ocean and catch a few waves. What a bonus! It was a beautiful afternoon playing in the warm water as the sun set. At no time at all did Al hurry us along. Quite the opposite. He acted like he had all day to spend with us and would stay out until we were ready to go in. Al also offered all sorts of suggestions and advice for further adventures and made himself available to assist in any way.

Overall it was a great experience with two unbelievably nice people.

1  Thank Omalley14
CostaRicaSurfAndSUP, Owner at Costa Rica Surf & SUP, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I am glad that our emailing back and forth helped you plan your trip to Santa Teresa. It’s really fun to tell people all about the fun things to see and do here. Al had a fun time with your family and hopes that one day, you’ll come back for a longer paddle board tour. We are offering a new overnight trip in 2013 in addition to our ocean & river outings. It makes us really happy that you felt we took our time with you and you didn’t feel rushed. Glad you had a great experience, Bennison

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Your biz is amazing! My surfing memories and pics continue to make me smile now that I am home. Next time I am headed to CR, I will definitely take more lessons. Benny - Your kind, soulful instruction has never left me. I think about so many small moments of surfing and talking with you. You are truly an angel, with nothing but light and kindness for all. Helping us beginners face our fears and work through all the emotion that surfing brings up. Big life stuff for me. Somehow you knew and always had the right words. Straight from the heart, too. You have no idea what a positive force you have been in my life. You truly do inspire me every day! Thank you & Pura Vida!

3  Thank Mary H

Are you trying to make me tear up, because your kind words have made my day. “kind, soulful instruction” and “helping us beginners faces our fears” Thank you. It’s students like you who make me want to reach more people and teach them to walk on water. Surfing can be a really fun and exciting, but it’s when you are working thru all the emotions that come up, that you really grow. I am so happy to have been there with you in those moments. May you always remember those feelings and your braveness! Your surf sista, Benny