“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koji's

Koji's
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

So fresh & amazing. Great, inventive rolls. Nice people. So divine. Nice setting and super chill. All the locals gave it the thumbs up and I know why. There was a funny thing about having a reservation- which we kind of laughed off- but it was really solid.

Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Beautiful sushi for beautiful people in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

At first, we were a little skeptical of great Japanese food in an open air restaurant in the jungle in Costa Rica. However, we were totally wrong. The fish was so fresh that it made fish with which I was familiar taste like something totally new. They would erase specials off of the chalkboard when they ran out of that type of fish; there was obviously no type of fish just sitting around from previous days. The only thing I disliked about the food was that the bottled water we ordered did not come in a labeled bottle that was opened at the table; it came in an unmarked reusable glass bottle but we paid $7 for it... in no other restaurant in town did this happen.

Beyond the food, which was just really really great, my friend and I kept commenting on what a cool/chic scene there was at Koji's. It was definitely the coolest most sophisticated dinner restaurant at which we ate while in the Santa Teresa/Playa Hermosa/Mal Pais area. The waitresses were gorgeous, the people eating there was gorgeous, and the food was gorgeous. All of this added up to a great evening!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We did not think that Costa Rica would have good sushi. We thought wrong this restaurant was delicious and one of the best places we ate for dinner! The sushi was great and so was the dessert. The service was good and all waiters and waitresses were pleasant. This was definitely the best sushi place in Costa Rica!

• Visited March 2013
Westfield, New Jersey
“Believe it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I kind of rolled my eyes when I first heard someone singing Koji's praises. I mean, how many Japanese restaurants were really competing for the title "the best" in Santa Teresa? And we do most of our sushi-eating in NYC... surely it's different standard...

Yes, a different standard - a higher one. The ingredients are so fresh and often organic. Beautiful presentation. And just yum. Admittedly, I don't eat a lot of raw fish, but the people I dined with raved. Kids loved the chicken teriyaki and I loved the veggie dishes. My husband was all about the eel.

All good. Plates licked clean.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't make any excuses, eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Words can't describe how great this place is. Hands down, the best sushi I have ever had. Make reservations and enjoy what's coming to you!