“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koji's

Koji's
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We did not think that Costa Rica would have good sushi. We thought wrong this restaurant was delicious and one of the best places we ate for dinner! The sushi was great and so was the dessert. The service was good and all waiters and waitresses were pleasant. This was definitely the best sushi place in Costa Rica!

• Visited March 2013

Westfield, New Jersey
“Believe it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I kind of rolled my eyes when I first heard someone singing Koji's praises. I mean, how many Japanese restaurants were really competing for the title "the best" in Santa Teresa? And we do most of our sushi-eating in NYC... surely it's different standard...

Yes, a different standard - a higher one. The ingredients are so fresh and often organic. Beautiful presentation. And just yum. Admittedly, I don't eat a lot of raw fish, but the people I dined with raved. Kids loved the chicken teriyaki and I loved the veggie dishes. My husband was all about the eel.

All good. Plates licked clean.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't make any excuses, eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Words can't describe how great this place is. Hands down, the best sushi I have ever had. Make reservations and enjoy what's coming to you!

Kings Beach, California, United States
“Overpriced for seafood on the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not sure why we paid so much for sushi when all the ingredients are so abundant. We paid more then we do in the USA by $30. COSTa Rica;) On the upside, the place is romantic, and the staff were super nice. The food was fresh and tasty too.

Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Sushi right out of the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It just doesn't get any better than this. Fresh sushi out of the ocean? Chef Koji is apparently very hard core about quality and it shows. I would like to call out the amazing melt-in-your-mouth nigiri (spec. amberjack and red snapper) and then the red snapper role was sooo good. It was all just amazing and the best service in the Santa Teresa area. Excellent outdoor atmosphere with tiki torches and low key/relaxing. Good value when you consider what sushi costs at home (I'm from Seattle). Bonus: we saw the stunning Tom Brady and Gisele there, apparently this is one of their favorites, as their vacation home is nearby. Quiet and very remote, the cab ride to get here was borderline scary for two female friends traveling alone!

• Visited March 2013