“Another wonderful trip”

Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures offers private individual or group Yoga classes combined with Surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga tours and beachfront yoga retreats in the idyllic beach town of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Plus, upscale yoga, surfing, SUP retreat in Nicaragua. Yoga in Patagonia, Chile and the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, Peru. All levels of experience are welcome. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed February 4, 2016

I had the honor of traveling to Costa Rica yet again. This was my 5th time with Vajra Sol and I loved every moment of it. Sandra is over accommodating to your needs. The scene and location of your villa and yoga experience is out of this world and you feel like you are completely on a retreat of a lifetime.
Trust me, this is the best retreat out there for YOGA, SUPING and Surfing. You will not regret this experience. See you next year!

1  Thank Stephen F
in 79 reviews
"yoga"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Peru was in my bucketlist for long time. To find a trip that includes yoga was a bonus. This trip was amazing and unforgettable!! Thanks Sandra for being an amazing tour guide!

VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

Peru IS breathtaking - the scenery, the culture and the essence of the Andes Mountains. So glad you got to experience it on retreat. Thank you so much for joining, it was my true pleasure to be your Yoga guide!

Reviewed November 21, 2015

Could not have asked for a better trip. Amazing people, activities, resort. And amazing food! In a quaint location so, while it may be a bit of trip to get there, the serenity and quietness on arrival are well worth the efforts. Also, Sandra is amazing. Full stop.

2  Thank G D
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love that the magic of the retreat and this place on a remoter location on the Nicoya Peninsula can be shared and so deeply appreciated by guests like You! Thank you for joining and for your positive review. Please come back and visit. It would be our pleasure.

Pura vida & namaste -

Reviewed August 12, 2015

My friend and I had decided in February to go on a yoga retreat and booked one with another company. Less than a month to go we received an email that the retreat had been cancelled and so began the hunt for another retreat. It was our good fortune to find Vajra Sol Adventures and Sandra. She graciously answered all our questions and so with less than 4 weeks out, we booked for her Costa Rica retreat. I honestly can't say enough about Sandra and the retreat experience. From our pick up at the Tambor airport, to the accommodations, the food, the yoga and SUP and surfing, everything was beyond fantastic! Did I mention how delicious the food was?!? I would recommend this retreat for anyone who wants to relax and recharge and reconnect with nature and themselves. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Erin B
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2015

Thank you, Erin! I am so glad you both found Vajra Sol for your retreat and that it was what you were seeking. It is our aim to create for each retreat guest an experience that includes an element of joyful fun with a group and also personal quality time to nurture oneself. I certainly hope you will return again.

With much gratitude -

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2015

I booked my surf and yoga retreat with Vajra Sol kind of on a whim. Turns out, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I had always wanted to go on a yoga retreat, and the fantastic reviews here on Vajra Sol's adventures helped cement my choice. So I feel compelled to share my experience in the hopes that it will inspire others to take their trip of a lifetime, too.

From the onset, with my first inquiry about the retreat, Sandra was extremely responsive and warm. Not only is she knowledgeable and organized, but she has such a kind and caring spirit that permeates every aspect of the adventure she plans. I knew from the moment I arrived at Pranamar Villas, that I was in for an incredible experience—and that's an understatement if there ever was one.

I can see why Sandra chose to partner with Pranamar Villas. The staff are some of the kindest, and most thoughtful that I've ever met. They remember your name from the moment you meet them, making for a very personal experience, and they go above and beyond to make sure you're stay is exceptional. The grounds are impeccable, and the accommodations beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I could spend hours drifting to the sounds of the jungle while swaying in my hammock. The location is amazing, right on the beach, but with that off-the-beaten-path feeling that enables you to disconnect from the hectic nature of life back home. And the food! I've never experienced such delicious, fresh, creative, healthy and beautiful food as found here in all my 4 prior trips to various parts of the country.

I chose the surf and yoga adventure, and Sandra's choice of Quique as our instructor couldn't have been more perfect. His mellow, calm ways had us feeling comfortable and surfing in no time. The only bummer was when the last lesson ended—I didn't want to stop!

For yoga, we were fortunate to have the lovely Shannon as our teacher. She was wonderful and so accommodating—tailoring the class each day to our needs. I learned so much in such a short amount of time, and will forever be grateful for the experience. The yoga shala itself was a heavenly place to practice, with the open air and beautiful surroundings, and the sounds of waves crashing, birds singing and monkeys howling. I have to say I missed it terribly when I returned to my yoga studio back home—it just can't compare!

We had a wonderful group of people on our retreat, and it was a joy to connect with them and share our experiences together. Each day was perfectly organized to allow for activity, relaxation and reflection. I felt physically spent (in the best way possible) and mentally elated by the end of each—mind, body and spirit truly fulfilled.

Sandra is an amazing host, and a beautiful spirit—inside and out. Any expectations I had were exceeded by miles. Do yourselves a favor and book a trip with Sandra. You won't regret it. In fact, you'll want to come back for more.

2  Thank Merav S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on a Vajra Sol retreat. I am very grateful for your kind words. Often when we do things on a whim it is our intuition guiding us to the greatest experience. Good thing you listened to that call! I am so glad you were able to experience the magical synergy of yoga and surfing. Being immersed in nature - the lush jungle, the beach and the warm Pacific Ocean - creates a wonderful recharging effect on our energy, especially in this special place on the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica. I do hope to see you on another retreat in Costa Rica or Peru!

Kindest blessings,