“Each time its a new surprise”

Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures offers private individual or group Yoga classes combined with Surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga tours and beachfront yoga retreats in the idyllic beach town of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Plus, upscale yoga, surfing, SUP retreat in Nicaragua. Yoga in Patagonia, Chile and the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, Peru. All levels of experience are welcome. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed March 1, 2015

I have been blessed to attend 4 retreats with Vajra Sol to COSTA RICA. Each time I have experienced something new and exciting. Sandra is a fantastic guide and you never feel vulnerable (being in another country, alone or with a group) because of her ability to remain organized, customer savvy and persistent to ensure that you are having the best time on your vacation.
On a personal note, this retreat teaches me something new about myself each and every time. I never walked away feeling that my intentions weren't accomplished.
As a veteran of this retreat, here is what I can guarantee: You will have fun, you will laugh, you will challenge yourself no matter what activity you choose. You’re going to eat well and feel great about it. Most importantly, you will meet some of the most amazing people from all over the world with whom you will remain in touch with for many years to come and perhaps reunite at another retreat together.
This is the best retreat for YOGA, SURFING AND SUPing. I have done them all and the instructors are patient, fun and compassionate. You will leave thirsty for more of these adventures.
Thank you for yet another out of this world experience in Costa Rica.

All reviews
in 79 reviews
"yoga"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed February 28, 2015

This was my 4th trip back to Costa Rica through Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures. Sandra takes great care of us and is an inspiring spiritual yoga instructor. The food is excellent, fresh, healthy. Spending everyday learning how to surf and practicing yoga places you in a constant vibrant good spirit. Rest filled sleeps every evening and always the opportunity to make new friends and reconnect with old friends if you are a returning guest. Did I mention you receive a complimentary massage as part of the package as well. If I could rate this 10 circles in place of 5 I would.

Reviewed February 28, 2015

The Vajra Sol Retreat in Santa Teresa Costa Rica is an amazing option for a get away if you are looking to have some fun and find some inner peace. The retreat guide, Sandra, is incredibly caring and ensures you are always looked after. The yoga is amazing and suits all people at all levels of their practice - there is no pressure to be a master yogi but the yoga is deeply fulfilling and it is clear Sandra is an extremely advanced yoga teacher.

The surf instructors Sandra has personally hired to give lessons are amazing people with huge personalities. They make for a really fun experience - even if you have never surfed before! The people of Santa Teresa in general are incredibly kind and engaging - there is an awesome energy in that place and a great philosophy of life.

The food on this retreat was delicious and quite healthy - the fruit is always perfectly ripe and the fish is super fresh - nothing like we get in North America! I felt cleansed after a week of yoga, surfing, and healthy eating.

All in all this retreat has got to be one of the absolute best out there - you will meet many like minded people and feel an ongoing sense of community and care on this retreat. You will have lots of options for fun activities on the beach or can you can just relax and enjoy some peace and quiet if you so choose!

I sincerely hope that anyone considering a retreat will go with Vajra Sol - I have no doubts that you will love it!

Reviewed February 22, 2015

I was looking for a surf and yoga retreat to celebrate my 40th bday in January. After several online searches, I chose Vajra Sol in Costa Rica, largely due to the number of glowing Trip Advisor reviews. I wasn't sure this was the best approach, but I figured what could be bad...! I've never written a review myself. But after the fantastic week I had on Sandra's retreat, I had to add to list of reviews that convinced me to choose Vajra Sol for my yoga/surf adventure.

Why do I recommend this retreat? (In no particular order)

- Gorgeous, upscale hotel (pics on the site don't do it justice), perfect location, great staff- welcoming, accomodating. Well appointed rooms.
- Yoga everyday, in the most beautiful outdoor shala. Sandra is a fantastic teacher, each class was perfectly planned to where we were on our retreat, i.e. a yin practice to help us acclimate to Costa Rica on arrival day, and a longer class on our last day culminating with a bonfire on the beach. Each class was unique and wonderful.
-Delicious meals. All but one were at the hotel, which was fine by me, as the restaurant there is amazing! All come w/ a fresh smoothie... I'm home one month and still missing them terribly! Sandra arranges a dinner in the town of Santa Teresa one night, which was a fun night out.
- Fantastic, dedicated, patient surf instructors. My whole group was up and running after just the first lesson. They took good care of us- making sure we were hydrated by bringing water before and after the lesson

If you are looking for a vacation that offers equal parts fun, action and adventure, this one is for you!