“Surf and Yoga”

Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures offers private individual or group Yoga classes combined with Surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga tours and beachfront yoga retreats in the idyllic beach town of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Plus, Yoga in Peru; the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. All levels of experience are welcome. Please visit our website for more information.
Denver, Colorado
“Surf and Yoga”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Considering I have never surfed, done Yoga or been to Costa Rica before, I had an absolutely wonderful time. The weather was great, with only one partial day of rain. Temperature was in the 70's. The ocean and pool are steps away. The food was excellent and the entire staff was very accommodating. The yoga classes and instructors were excellent. I honestly have no complaints!

Visited June 2012
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thanks for your review. How great you had lots of new experiences and your openness to all was admirable. Even jumping off the cliff side by the waterfall into the pool below! All the best to you.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surf and Yoga Experience could not be better”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This trip was a birthday present from my wife. Learning to surf was challenging but the coaches were great. The yoga was varied and Sandra was a very grounded teacher. The place, Pranamar, was idyllic and the staff very friendly and accommodating. It was a great week to recharge - I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
It is a great pleasure to see your review and recommendation. You did an amazing job surfing and in the yoga sessions. You made the mind-body connection very smoothly from the surf board to the yoga mat. Thanks again for joining the retreat. - Sandra
PS: Your cool travel speakers are on the To-get list!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great and relaxing, yet challenging yoga retreat in beautiful Santa Teresa”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are looking to get away and really have a peaceful yet challenging yoga retreat, Varja Sol in Santa Teresa is just for you. Sandra is a great hostess and everyone at the retreat location and on her staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Also, there was a great variety of different yoga classes and you can do as little or as much as you want to do here. Also, the property that the yoga retreat takes place at is on a less populated beach and righ on the ocean. I loved the fact that there wasn't a chain hotel or restaurant in sight. A truly authentic experience in many ways.

Visited June 2012
VajraSolYoga, Owner at Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience and your positive comments. It was really wonderful to have you join and what a fun group. I hope you enjoyed the photos. Pura vida! - Sandra
Boulder
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Vajra Sol Yoga and Surf Retreat was amazing and life-changing!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Upfront, let me tell you that my heart broke a little when this retreat was over; it was that good! The best things in life are worth a little heartbreak because with that comes no regrets. I found Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures online and booked my trip solely based on reviews that I read. I had been planning another trip but changed my plans when I started reading about the amazing Sandra and the experiences that others had had on her retreats. Every positive thing that you have read about Vajra Sol is true! Sandra is an attentive host that keeps you informed well before you ever arrive in Santa Teresa. This is a good things because figuring out how things work in Costa Rica isn't always easy!

I attended the yoga and surf retreat by myself. Admittedly, I am a little shy, so I was hesitant to spend a week with people that I had never met. I had nothing to worry about! We had 14 people on our retreat and it was the perfect grouping of wonderful and interesting people. I made friends on the retreat that I will surely know for the rest of my life. I also enjoyed getting to know Sandra and Monica. Monica went out with us on our surfing lessons in the morning. She is full of positive energy and has one of the warmest smiles I have ever seen.

I originally wasn't going to surf on the retreat. I had signed up for the pure yoga option. Sandra recommended that I try surfing on the first day, so I did. I had never been surfing before, so I was a bit apprehensive. Our instructors quickly put us at ease. I worked with the amazing Ismael and he had me up on my first wave. Ismael is a gifted surf instructor and I felt so lucky to work with him all week. He knew just when to push me, but it was never too much and I always felt safe. I loved surfing so much, I ended up surfing all week. After the retreat, I stayed at Pranamar for a few more days and took a few more surfing lessons!

Our days were timed perfectly, with just the right amount of activity and down-time. We ate breakfast at our leisure, but had to be ready for surfing at 8:45. This was no problem because the sun rises just after 5:00 am (and so do the howler monkeys)! After surfing, we had a break to shower, swim, or relax on the beach. Then, we would have an amazing buffet of fresh and delicious food at the Pranamar restaurant. Before our afternoon yoga practice, we would have more free time for activities, napping, swimming, etc. Yoga with Sandra was exceptional. She is a patient and playful teacher that connects with her students. You have to love a yoga instructor that plays Michael Franti in class! Yes, I can flow to that! After yoga, we all gathered on the beach for sunset (so spectacular!) and then we would have another amazing meal at Pranamar. We all went out to dinner one night with Sandra, too, and that was a nice touch! Repeating this daily routine does not get old! I quickly settled in and didn't want the retreat to end. I am so glad that I stayed on at Pranamar for a few more days. If you have the chance to stay longer, I highly recommend this!

I'm at a funny place in my life, having just left a job and not really being sure about my future. I went to Costa Rica looking for answers and looking for happiness and balance. I found this and more with Vajra Sol. Sandra does a wonderful job putting together her retreats and you will feel loved, welcomed, challenged, and accepted from the moment you gather with your retreat companions in Pranamar's beautiful yoga shala. I will looking forward to attending another Vajra Sol retreat in the future.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Jen S
Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vajra Sol Yoga and Surf Retreat”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

One of the most amazing places in the world. A blend of spiritual connection, yoga balance, energy refueling and relaxation all in one. A must do for everyone and a have to do again for everyone in our group. Perfect for someone traveling alone or with a companion. The mix of personalities, both male and female made the week extra special. Thank you Sandra for sharing your spirit, wisdom, energy and experience. Truly life altering! Pura Vida....

Visited April 2012