“Going With Average on This One”
Review of Chicken Joe's

Chicken Joe's
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 15, 2012

So Chicken Joe's was alright! I would go again, but wouldn't really make a big deal out of it. In their defense, my wife and I did NOT have any chicken there, but rather fish.

First atmosphere: Very much like one of the sodas you can find around town. Open seating, seemed a little bit dirtier than some places (mainly dust)

Food: It was average as well. Both of our dishes were served with fries that were INCREDIBLY salty. In fact, they were almost salty to the point that I did not finish my food.

Other than that, Chicken Joe's was okay. I'd go back again like I said. The service was great so no problems there.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stumbled upon Chicken Joe's my first night in Santa Teresa. I was intrigued by the "Best Fish Tacos in Santa Teresa" sign and had to see for myself if this was true. I've had my fair share of fish tacos, and these were hands down the best! I ended up eating there every night of my trip. The yucca fries are not to be passed up, and the chicken is excellent as well.

As an added bonus, the owner is friendly (and adorable!).

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have been around meet and BBQ my whole life, cooking for large groups of people with my dad since a very young age.

THIS CHICKEN IS OF THE CHARTS. Super good. If you are hungry, get the half chicken with beans and the Jalepeno Sauce and you will go nuts. Soo freakin good. Billy (the cook for the five start Flor Blanca Resort up the road) opened this place up with his Wife and his Brother in Law and you can tell, its got that five star influence. So freaking good. If they opened one of these in the states it would have a license to print money. aaaaaahhhhh I miss it already.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great rotisserie chicken and sides. We visted Chicken Joe's twice in a week. Wish we could have their recipes!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had the family meal here. 14500 colones ($29) for a whole chicken, 2 sides, 2 sauces, and a 1 litre drink. Not cheap, but not expensive either. More importantly, it might be the best chicken I've ever had. Believe the hype... This place is terrific!

1  Thank tiebee