“Happy Customers!”
Review of Playa Cielo

Playa Cielo
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We couldn't have been happier staying at Playa Ceilo, they only have a handful of private bungalows on a beautifully manicured property. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly and they all felt like family by the time we left. The restaurant is one of the if not the best in town and having the fresh fruit delivered every morning is a nice touch. I will be a returning customer is the best compliment I can give them.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent an amazing vacation here. The Casitas are very clean contemporary, but not lacking in a very stylish, rustic charm. Sol (the owner) & Eti the manager were more than accommodating. You certainly feel like they car as not request is too all or big. If they can help, they will. The grounds are located steps form the beach and are immaculately kept. We looked at many other hotels in the area, but none were as breath taking. For a couples get away or a family vacation I can't recommend anywhere else as nice .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Playa Cielo for almost 2 weeks in April. We had never been to Costa Rica before and had no expectations . Playa Cielo was a dream come true with the beach steps away, a wonderfully delicious restaurant on site, and the friendly manager Eti that met our every need. We rented an ATV and went everywhere to all the great spots we had reviewed in the area....the zip line in Mal Pais....fishing where we caught 20 ducktooth tuna that is #1 grade sushi and Gary the chef at our restaurant whipped it up for all to enjoy...and a massage on the beach!! My husband awoke every morning and asked me to find something wrong with our surrounding. How could I? With our own clean, cool comfortable casita and fresh fruit brought by every morning plus the owner Sol lending his boogie boards-what could be better!! We looked at all the other places to stay in the area and NONE compared to Playa Cielo. We cannot wait to go back and catch up with all of our new found friends.
We heart Playa Cielo

Room Tip: Ask for El Tucan as it has a great view of the Pacific
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is a gem, i loved every second there. i went with my husband and mother and they were both in love with this small but beautiful resort.
The staff was perfect and Eti was very helpful with booking activities and giving us advice on what to do.
The restaurant was delicious and with fresh food.
We spent hours on the outside patio outside and in the hammocks.
The surroundings and the beach are also perfect,
I will go back any day.

Room Tip: the two one bedroom front villa are best cause no other villa in front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying in the hotel for 4 nights. It is beautiful and has many creature comforts. The casita we stayed in had and ocean view (it was tucked away to for privacy which we desire) and you are just steps away from the ocean and the restaurant. Sitting on your front porch in the morning planning out what you are doing in the day you will witness many butterflies, hummingbirds, and wildlife. The bed is very comfortable (king) and the shower was my favorite part ( although it is hard to pick just one thing). I was able to walk to yoga, the surf break in Santa Teresa, food and an organic grocery market. Overall playa cielo was romantic and a nice finish to out trip. The owner Adele is a sweetheart & checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we have what we need to feel comfortable. Habaneros is the restaurant on site and it was nice sitting on the beach watching the sunset enjoying a mango jalapeño margarita. It was one of those vacations you just wish would never end. I can't wait to go back :) thank you Adele for everything !

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014

It's hard to beat Playa Cielo's location - right on the beach in the heart of Santa Teresa. You're just a short walk to a supermarket and great restaurants. The owner and on-site manager is very friendly, they were always checking up on us to make sure we had everything we needed. They organized our ATV rental ($60/day) which I absolutely recommend. It's the easiest way to get around and allowed us to try different restaurants and even make a road-trip to the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve.

We stayed in one of the 1-bedroom villas, the one further back so we didn't have the best view unfortunately. The bed is quite comfortable and the outdoor space is great for relaxing at the end of a long day. The outdoor shower is beautiful but the water temperature/pressure is terrible. I never once took a shower where I wasn't playing with the water temperature every minute. There aren't any amenities either - I do expect a little lotion and hand soap when I pay these prices.

The grounds are lush and beautiful, but the pool was dirty our entire stay. We never swam once, which is fine considering we were there for the beach.

All in all, it's a beautiful spot to relax with wonderful hosts. Their restaurant 'Habaneros' is by far the best in the area - we either had lunch, dinner or a late-night drink there every day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toronto18
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family and I recently spent four nights at Playa Cielo in March and can not say enough about this hotel. We loved having our own bungalow, which was stylish and well appointed with a comfortable bed, little kitchen, beautiful outdoor bathroom and day bed and trundle for our two kids. The outdoor patio was the perfect place to sit in the mornings, drink coffee, listen to the birds and the surf and eat our fresh fruit plate that was delivered each morning for breakfast. The location can't be beat; the beach is just a few steps away and at low tide there are amazing tide pools for our kids to play in while we hunted for shells or people watched. It is really convenient having the restaurant on site with good food and cocktails. The small pool is great for kids with a big shallow end. My only complaint with the property would be that the wooden pool deck needs to be replaced, as some of the boards were loose and well worn.
The vibe is very casual here but the staff was always attentive, even doing our laundry when asked. Eti, the lovely Manager of Playa Cielo, was always available for a chat and gave us the best restaurant suggestions. She even took care of making our reservations, as well as hooking me up with a great surf instructor.
Since we've left I've been daydreaming of our next visit. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: There doesn't seem to be a bad room on the property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family