This was the second stop for my wife and I on our honeymoon. Despite the rough ride in to Santa Teresa, Playa Cielo made it worthwhile. Our casita was amazing! The windows looked out towards the beach...we could easily leave the doors open and listen to the sound of the waves crashing along the shore. The casita was quite romantic. I was a huge fan of the open air shower, as well as the large patio area with 2 hammocks. The beach directly in front was a little rocky...but you could easily walk for miles in both directions. At times, it was like my wife and I had the beach to ourselves (granted it was the start of the low season, but still). The grounds were well kept. And it was really cool seeing two of the owners (Adele and Ety - sorry if I misspell the names) while we were out and about each day. They always made sure to ask how everything was and if we needed anything. I read about other places in Santa Teresa and guests complained about the difficulty with just being able to talk to someone on staff. That was not the case here! If you are looking for a romantic getaway, I highly recommend staying at Playa Cielo.
The restaurant onsite (Habanero) served some delicious dishes...but I'll be reviewing that separately =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa