There is no doubt that the setting and accommodations at this hotel are among the most beautiful in the world. And since there are only 4 guest houses, the attention you receive from the staff is plentiful. The beach is gorgeous and the pool is pleasant enough. Santa Theresa is what it is....a surfing village. The dust, the heat, and the difficulty driving might be a bummer for those who are not there to surf.
A couple of complaints about the hotel though. The restaurant is mediocre at best. We stayed two nights and had a rather unpleasant experience at the restaurant, which is too bad because it is the ideal setting right on the beach. But the music was too loud, the omnipresence of barking dogs and a table of 7 or 8 six year old girls made us feel like we were intruders at someone's house party rather than guests at a hotel.
A platter of fruit was delivered every morning. Delicious and very welcome! The hammock and porch are perfect for relaxation.
Overall though, a beautiful hotel and a very comfortable and relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa