Stayed for five nights at this lovely beach front cabana style accommodation. The other reviewers were quite accurate in describing the grounds and cabanas. The location is perfect - right in the middle of santa Teresa. A small grocery store is within walking distance, however, having a car is suggested for even slightly further distances...it is HOT for walking and that main road is not pleasant! I love this area and have visited several times, but I cannot get used to that dusty road!
But I digress...it was wonderful to be able to walk down to the beach so easily..as others have said, the best swimming is to the left or right...about a 5 to 10 minute walk. The tide pools are fun at low tide though!
The outdoor showers are spectacular! Huge and clean with good water pressure. The large terraces were perfect for getting out of the sun and enjoying a sunset drink.
A few negatives for me; I really hated the plastic mattress protectors! I get their utility, but they are so noisy and sweaty! How about putting a nice, soft mattress pad on top? A good reading light on each side of the bed would be great as well. I do recognize that this is not a 'hotel' type accommodation, but it might be nice to have some info in the rooms ( how to connect to wi fi, list of restaurants, emergency numbers, etc,). While the staff were friendly, it was not always easy to find people or get information quickly. When you only have a short time,you do t want to waste it! Finally, for some reason, I thought this was 'adults only', not so. There were a lot of kids! Children of other guests as well as children of the staff. One day I counted about 6 in the pool! I avoided the pool in general, largely for this reason. I always enjoy the sound of the monkeys and birds while in CR, but this trip the sounds of the jungle were frequently interrupted by a screaming child. No one's fault of course, but my tolerance for this is pretty low...if you want to have a more quiet, adult atmosphere, this may not be the best choice! That said, perhaps it's just luck and timing...sometimes it might be only honeymooners! Overall, this is a great property and would definitely be worth a return visit ( if I could get around the kid thing). ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa