A beautifully constructed and maintained property directly on the beach at Santa Teresa, owned by Sol and Adele Mermelstein, for whom the hotel is almost another child, built from the ground up. They take a very personal interest in taking care of their guests. The property runs on a deep lot from the main street to the beach. Plenty of parking on the street side, four separate bungalows (3 1-bedroom, 1 2 bedroom) sloping down to the pool, Habanero Mexican Grille (reviewed elsewhere) and the beach. The rooms are spacious, with king bed, built-in kitchenette and seating, storage and lap-top safe, marble floored. The bathrooms feature showers enclosed, on the inside, by glass wall and doors, and on the outside by a semicircular wall-high stonework wall, no roof...you can shower outdoors in the warm air and sun in complete privacy. Really lovely! Facing the beach are porches, with table, chairs, corner lounges and hammocks. Air-conditioned, cableTV and wireless wifi. A complimentary plate of fresh fruit is delivered to your door every morning.
The staff is friendly, helpful and well-trained, with concierge services (reservations, side-trip planning etc) and daily room service.
The beach right in front of the property is white sand, with lava rock formations creating a semicircle around it. To the left and right of this area are long, wide beaches with great surf break. The pool is a large (by Santa Teresa standards) oval. There are outdoor showers between the ocean and the pool and outside every bungalow.
It's on the higher-priced end of the Santa Teresa scale, but offers more in atmosphere, facilities, and service than most other hotels here that we've tried. I'd love to go back! (Actually, I wanted never to leave!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa