There are no words to describe the magic of this place that would do it justice. Perhaps, that is why it has taken us so long to sit down and put together a worthy review. Our 16-night stay at Playa Cielo began on July 11th, and believe us, when the time was nearing to pack and go, we did not want to budge. Even though we enjoyed the other two places we visited, if we had to do our well-planned trip to Costa Rica over, we would have stayed the entire month right in our villa at Playa Cielo.
It was wonderful to find that everything we saw in the traveler photos and read in the reviews was even better in person. The entire grounds were perfectly manicured, from the beautiful stone pathways to the lush gardens of each villa. The villa was perfect! The four-poster canopy bed wasn't just romantic, but was also one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in.
The villa was quite spacious, giving us plenty of room to store our belongings and move around effortlessly. Even the patio was large, complete with daybeds, and hammocks. The bathroom was very unique. The decor was beautiful and although we were a little weary of the open-ceiling shower, we ended up loving it! We could hear birds chirping while showering during the day and see the stars at night. It added just the right amount of tropical influence (and if you are worried about bugs, don't be, because they were nearly non-existent).
The stretch of beach that Playa Cielo sits on is the prettiest stretch out of all that we saw in Costa Rica (and we went to a number of different beaches on both coasts, including nearby Playa Hermosa). It's simply pristine and never crowded. It was even great to relax at the pool and have a beautiful view of this exquisite beach. P.S. The sunsets are to die for!!!
The staff was very friendly and helped in any way they could. Carlos was our go-to guy! He set up all of our trips and adventures, and was very knowledgeable about the area. Jose was also the man and took care of us throughout our stay. Honestly, everyone that works there, including housekeeping and the restaurant staff, were truly amazing.
As for the restaurant, we could have eaten all of our meals there every single day and been perfectly content. We are food lovers who frequent restaurants in the food capital of the world, New York City, and we know a great meal when we eat one. All of the dishes are great, and you certainly can't go wrong with fresh fish straight out of the Pacific!
Last, but absolutely not least, the true reason that made our stay so unforgettable were the owners. Shlomi and Adele were amazing. They not only know how to run their charming establishment perfectly, but they make their guests feel very much at home. Playa Cielo is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in and we can now confidently say that this is our favorite beach destination (and we travel a great deal). Our trip to Costa Rica was one of our most memorable vacations and a large part of that was due to Adele and Shlomi. We can not wait to return to Playa Cielo and the paradise of Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa