My husband and I spent 5 days at Playa Cielo to celebrate our anniversary and it was exactly what we wanted - private, quiet, clean, and relaxing. (with the exception of some construction noise from the new casita going up, but we quickly forgot about it) The casitas are lovely and well-done and the open air shower was a nice addition. We spent many hours relaxing on the porch or in the hammocks after surfing and would wander down to the pool to cool off. The restaurant was fantastic! We ate dinner there every night because we kept trying new things on the menu and loved the atmosphere, not to mention the 30-second walk home. Overall, it was a great experience.
Our only negative was that we were not told in advance that the remainder of our bill had to be paid in cash (Colones or US dollars) Had we known, we would have pulsed out cash in the US. Instead we had to spend a couple of hours messing with ATM cards and calling our bank to increase our withdrawal limit, then pay the transfer and exchange fees. Pretty annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa