My wife and I came to stay at Playa Cielo for a week and had a wonderful time. The casitas were very classy with travertine floors and exposed beam ceilings. The roof-less shower was a very nice touch, and the large porch overhangs and hammocks gave us a great place to hangout when we needed a break from the sun or to nap while an afternoon rainstorm passed through. I was truly impressed that they went the extra mile to build the casitas with Eco-consciousness and sustainability in mind. There was also a security guard there at night which made us feel safe.
Adele, Shlomi, Eti and their warm staff took excellent care of us and made us feel like family. The grounds were very well kept and we had a fresh plate of fruit waiting for us every day when we woke up. They arranged several excursions for us with curbside service. The food was delicious and made it easy for us to eat onsite for much of our trip. The Red Snapper was fantastic! They even had great live music one night.
The Saltwater pool was also a nice touch since I don't like overly-chlorinated pools. The slightly-salty water was much nicer on my skin. The beach and the surfing were great as well.
We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, luxurious private villas, each with an open sky shower, a kitchenette and outdoor sitting area, tucked in a lush tropic garden. Outdoor, beachfront chemical-free swimming pool with lounge chairs and hammocks on the beach, for the utmost relaxing atmosphere and the best sunset view. Restaurant onsite. Centrally located to supermarkets and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Playa Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Cielo Hotel Santa Teresa
- Playa Cielo Costa Rica/Santa Teresa