“Most Beautiful Place in Santa Teresa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Cielo

Playa Cielo
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
“Most Beautiful Place in Santa Teresa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Playa Cielo for the first 5 nights of our honeymoon. It was absolutely blissful. The bungalow was airy, clean, unique and the view was stunning. It has air conditioning, internet, cable and an adorable little kitchen that has everything you need. The king size bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. We could lie there and watch the sun set over the pool and ocean and in the morning open our curtain to watch the world wake up. There was nothing more serene, a place of true bliss. You have privacy and yet easy access to the town and your in walking distance of the grocery store and great restaurants and stores. Adele & Sol and all the staff are incredible people that are worth meeting. They have put their hearts into this place and it really shows. The grounds are clean and they have people watching the property so you always feel secure. But that is just the beginning of what Playa Cielo has to offer. The ocean waves and the feeling of the warm sun at Santa Teresa make this place a piece of paradise. We fell more in love with one another and the entire area- we didnt want to leave. The place is cleaned everyday with fresh fruit in the morning that you can eat leisurely watching the sun play on the waves. If you are lucky enough to stay in this place you will never regret it. They are putting in a Mexican Restaurant right on the beach that should be open in a week in a half. We got to watch them put a bunch of it together and Sol really let his style go. It is going to be beautiful and I just know that the food is going to be unforgettable. Adele & Sol made the beginning of our honeymoon. My husband and I were married on the beach and then stayed near by for our honeymoon and the whole area of Santa Teresa has a place in our hearts so deeply rooted we just know it has become a part of our lives- as the place seems to have done with most people lucky enough to live in the area. We cannot wait to be back without a doubt we will be back to stay at Playa Cielo and we are even excited to see Adele & Sol who have a special place in our heart :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect but the bungalow we were in was the front with the BEST view. Either way y...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
PlayaCieloResort, Owner at Playa Cielo, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dearest Emily & Ross,
We are so thrilled to have had met the two of you and to have had you as our guests. To be able to share in your special honeymoon experience means so much to us.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and really look forward to having you as our guests again.
Pura Vida!
Adele & Shlomi

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

After 6 hours of traveling to get to Santa Teresa, my boyfriend and I were completely exhausted. The roads into town were terrible so it was far from a pleasant drive. We couldn't wait to get to our hotel. Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Sol who immediately handed me the keys to our bungalow. No drawn out check-in process, no hassle. It couldn't have been more perfect!! The bungalow was fabulous. The website had amazing pictures and I'm always skeptical of how it will actually look in person. Do not worry about it at Playa Cielo! The grounds are beautiful and everything is just as it looks in pictures. Before arriving to Santa Teresa, we had been in Arenal doing adventurous activities every day, so we were ready to wind down. This was the perfect hotel to do so. With only 3 bungalows on site, you have a lot of privacy, which is very important to us. We rented ATVs because it was much easier and enjoyable to get around that way. We took the ATV to the Montezuma waterfalls, which we had a blast doing. Other than that, we walked along the beach and just relaxed on the property. The staff on site was great. When we arrived the shower head had no water pressure. Once the request was put in, it was fixed within the next hour. They were constantly cleaning the property and you felt really safe there. It was my first time in Santa Teresa and I am so glad I booked it here. We checked out a couple of the other hotels that I saw on TA (out of curiousity) and this place beats every other hotel by far. The only thing that I saw as a down side is the continental breakfast. There is no restaurant on site and all we got was a plate with fruits. I was told that there would be croissants, etc. Fruits do not fill me up so each morning we had to get up and leave the property to go eat anytime. It'd be nice to not have to look for a place to eat for each meal, but it wasn't a huge deal. I would love to come back and rent out all 3 bungalows with friends! You MUST stay here when you travel to Santa Teresa!!! Thank you Sol for such wonderful accomodations. Your family is very lovely!

Room Tip: The two front bungalows have unobstructed views of the ocean. Definitely get either one of those if...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Momo F
PlayaCieloResort, Owner at Playa Cielo, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Hi Monique ,

Thank you for staying with us at PlayaCielo.
It was our pleasure sharing our little piece of heaven.
We would love to see you again soon.
PS, sorry about the croissants, the bakery was closed during your stay.
We will have our hotel beachfront restaurant/bar open to serve our clients ,in two weeks.
Pura Vida
Sol
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were lucky enough to be told about Playa Cielo from friends as we planned our trip to Costa Rica. Having just returned we can honestly say that we spent a week in paradise. Playa Cielo is not your typical "hotel". It's more like renting a private house with your own private beach. The surroundings are beautiful, the accomodations are gorgeous and the staff at Playa Cielo are all very helpful and welcoming. There are a number of activities available to guests including horseback riding and day trips, but our favorite activity was lounging by the pool or the ocean and just decompressing. Our room was beyond comfortable and included a kitchen area and an outdoor shower. The grounds contain a number of hammocks for lounging and taking in the beautiful views. All in all, Playa Cielo is a great place to go to get away from the everyday routine and experience the beauty and serenity of this ocean front corner of Costa Rica.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife & I were lucky to stumble upon this fantastic 3 villa-hotel in Santa Teresa, and stay there 2days. You can't go wrong with a private beach house on the most fantastic shore. The place is intimate and luxurious without being flashy and pompous like so many commercial resorts.

Will surely return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We just returned from a 12 day stay at Playa Cielo and we are so thankful to find this beautiful place.

We’ve been to Santa Teresa before. The last time the place we had booked turned out to be nothing like it was advertised. It really took away from part of our vacation. We lost money because we had to find something else and it was a stressful few days getting settled. So this time I was really nervous to be honest.

I saw Playa Cielo on some travel sites and couldn’t ignore the good reviews. So we decided to book it and I am SO glad we did.

Everything about Playa Cielo is beautiful.

Bungalows – The bungalows are amazing and private. There’s a comfortable king size bed, a beautiful bathroom with an open roof shower, air conditioning, satellite tv, a safe, a couch (that can be used for additional people to sleep on) and a brilliant kitchen. I say this about the kitchen because we learned pretty quickly that it was getting a little more expensive to eat out every meal for 12 days. Playa Cielo is within walking distance (a very quick walk but out of sight) from a grocery store. We would go shopping and stock our bungalow with stuff to cook. The kitchen is small but has EVERYTHING.. pots, pans, range stove top, refrigerator, coffee maker and coffee, plates, glasses and silverware. We used the kitchen more than I expected and it saved us a TON of money.

The privacy of the bungalows and the grounds is great. When we wanted to be alone we could with no fear of anyone around or seeing in. When we wanted to have all of the window shades open we could and we still felt no one around. These bungalows are so perfectly placed for each person to enjoy themselves and have privacy.

The grounds – The grounds are kept immaculate. There’s a staff member, Profilio, who lives next to the grounds with his family. He works NON STOP. He keeps the pool clean, the grounds kept flawless and he’s also very serious about keeping it safe. As soon as anyone pulls up (which we noticed a few people did hoping one of the bungalows were available on short notice) he meets them before they can ever get in. It didn’t matter if it was noon or midnight, he seemed to always be keeping an eye on the premises.

The pool is perfect. I’m not sure how they figured out such a brilliant design but it works for adults and children. We traveled with our 15 month old and she enjoyed the pool as much as we did. Because there’s only 3 bungalows the pool never got crowded. To be honest most days we had it to ourselves. There’s comfortable chairs to relax on and they provided pool/beach towels which was really nice.

The owners – One of the things that makes a trip for me, no matter where in the world, is the people I meet. And this trip was no exception. The owners of Playa Cielo have put their heart and soul into this place. From the very first email I sent, Adele was helping me with details for our trip. I felt like I already knew her even though we'd never met. They take such good care of their property and their guests without ever intruding on your vacation. Adele gives great advice on places to eat, things to do and tips about town. Since we were traveling with our baby she went well above and beyond to help make it perfect. I can’t tell you how much it meant and made an already great experience even better.

It’s really hard to put into words how much we needed and enjoyed our stay at Playa Cielo. This place will not disappoint you. Whether you’re traveling in a small group or want to make a getaway for a big family and rent more than one bungalow this is the place. It’s hands down the best choice. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Calidreamin
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Playa Cielo was simply amazing!

It’s like having your own beach house for a few days (or however long you are lucky to stay!) and it’s a refreshing break from the typical hotel. It’s very welcoming and private, perfect to fully enjoy the freedom of beach living with the comforts of home.
The property is a wonderful complement to the beauty, tranquility and ease of Santa Teresa. It’s as if the casitas grew right from the ground with the trees and flowers-- it all blends perfectly together.

The casita was an impeccably clean and calm space with the perfect blend of modern zen; furnished with simple, modern, beautifully crafted and comfortable furniture. The kitchen was perfectly sized and stocked with the basic necessities (dishes, plates, mugs, silverware, refrigerator) complete with a coffee maker and coffee. Beautiful modern bathroom with an outdoor shower! It’s very unique, as it’s enclosed in the bathroom but there is no ceiling to the shower--the fresh air was amazing! And also there is a retractable clothesline in the shower, very smart and perfect for hanging up bathing suits after a day at the beach. There are hammocks on the patios of each casita and even a few towards the beach area, all perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery.

The owners, Adele & Sol, are wonderful people and it’s obvious they took the time to think of every last little detail on the property from the design of the casitas, to the pool area and the landscape all while taking into account the security and comfort of their guests. Adele & Sol were also happy to offer information about the town (where to eat, where to visit) giving detailed directions for day trips...and all of their recommendations were spot on!

The staff, Antonia & Profilio, were very kind and helpful as well. They greeted us when we arrived and worked throughout the day to keep everything clean and secure.

I spent 10 days in Costa Rica, traveling around to different areas of the country. By far, visiting Santa Teresa was my favorite part of the trip and what made it perfect was my experience at Playa Cielo! It truly felt like a home away from home. I was sad to leave but am already planning my next trip back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Riverdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in the most luxurious resorts both abroad and in the United States. I have to say that Playa Cielo is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. You are on the beach steps away from the ocean. The views are magnificent. You can literally see the ocean from your fabulous kingsized bed. The room design and furnishings are modern and the villas are kept incredibly clean. The service I received was amazing. The owners are so friendly and hospitable. They were great from the time we made the reservations, until the end of our stay. It's great for kids. The pool has a portion that is shallow and allowed me and my younger kids to feel comfortable swimming in. There are great restaurants in the area and they have a delicious tropical fruit breakfast. We did not want to leave!
We can't wait to come back next year.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are gorgeous. Contact Owners. They will provide great information
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family