“Felt like home”

Ranked #4 of 33 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Felt like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

Clean, friendly, famiily kind of place.
Just wanted to say that my girlfriend and I stayed at Meli Melo's for 3 weeks. We thought we would only be there for a couple days and stayed the whole 3 weeks of our vacation. We just felt like we wouldn't be able to find anything better because it was sooo awsome!!!!! Melony and Fredrick took care of us like family, made sure we were taken care of. Both have great knowledge of the area, plants, animals and they are just gracious hosts. I can't think of a better experience. 3 min to good surf and beautiful beach. First time I have written a review, but this place deserves it. Oh and the mango's are fallen from the sky at least in April. Monkey's, Iguanas, lizards and humming birds everywhere. Thanks Melony and Frederick
mark and bethany : Portland, OR ( where the young go to retire)

Room Tip: all good only 4, call for reservation
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Meli Melo rocks! the place is beautiful, Fred and Melanie are phenomenal accommodating everyone's needs; rooms are very comfortable and clean, there is a superb common kitchen that makes the after surfing gathering incredible, we meet fantastic people from all over the globe during those amazing night venues cooking out under the starts, everyone that could extended their time there did it. Definitively coming back.
BTW breakfast is included.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Freddy and Melanie (owners of Meli Melo) are an absolute pleasure. Coordinating an experienced and friendly driver to pick our group up from the airport, giving us surf lessons, making reservations on our behalf for whatever adventure we wanted to explore! What more could you want?

Rooms were freshen up everyday, after breakfast was served to us. Because the accommodation is a smaller venue - the personal treatment was enormous.

I would go back to Meli Melo in a heartbeat.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Meli Melo is an awesome hotel to stay at and great value. Fred and Melanie are so nice and were always helpful with directions and suggestions. Every morning there was a great breakfast and hot coffee. We also used Freddy for surf lessons and he was amazing. He gave us a two hour lesson and boards for a really good price. Fred and Melanie make you feel like you are staying with family. Anyone staying in Sanata Teresa solo or with friends should stay here.

Matt (Toronto,Canada)

San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

I just got back from a 3 day stay at Meli Melo. The other reviewers are right, Fred and Melanie are wonderful hosts and they make you feel at home.

Since I liked the place so much I'm going to spend the time to write up a review. As soon as you walk through the gate you feel as though you're entering a quaint spa. The garden is small but very relaxing and beautiful. The room I stayed in was quite basic, yet so peaceful. The rooms are well maintained, clean and painted in nice colors. Part of the reason you feel so relaxed there is because the rooms do not have any tv's or clocks or radios. The little bit of time you spend there throughout the day is spent enjoying other things. (Personally I love reading and writing, but just never have time to when I'm home. This place reminded me how much I do miss it and that I need to make time for it.)

Outside of each room is a small 'garden' area. Our room had a hammock and a chair outside to sit and admire the stars at night. Each room also had an a/c which was wonderful during the day and quiet at night.

In the morning you are provided breakfast by a wonderful woman named Jessica. It is quite easy to strike up a conversation with her, Fred or Melanie at any time. In the kitchen, there is a refrigerator where each person staying there can put away some food or drinks. The kitchen area and Jessica are very inviting so it is also very easy to meet other guests and strike up a conversation during breakfast.

The place is small, so there aren't many ppl there at the same time. When I travel, I'm all about making sandwiches during the day to be able to keep going all day long and then go out to a restaurant at night. This fits that perfectly.

Access to the beach is a 5 minute walk away. You walk down the road about 1/2 a block and then go down one of the entrances to the beach and you're there.

Melanie was absolutely great when it came time to set up activities. We were interested in yoga classes and a massage. She made some phone calls and even found someone that would come to the room and give my friend a massage, while I went to a yoga class by the beach.

This is a place you go to when you want to disconnect, relax and recharge your batteries. It is peaceful and laid back and comforting all at once.

I live in San Jose but my friend came to visit from NY. I will absolutely go back there whenever I return to Santa Teresa again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Meli Melo for 5 or so days in December 2010. Fred, Meli, their two children, mini-cat and Dity were awesome people/ animals. From the minute we stepped into there beautiful property we were treated like family. They had bikes, surfboards and a kitchen with constant hot coffee. The road all around Santa Teresa was horrible but since Freddy kept his drainage tended it was like night and day just in front of their place! we highly recommend this place. even if you can't stay here check out there very nice boutique in front of the hotel and say hello! We love Meli Melo!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

My friend and I had a terrible experience at the Funky Monkey the night prior, and the wonderful staff at Meli Melo accommodated us beautifully. Fred and Melanie are incredibly friendly and Fred is the best surf instructor in Santa Teresa. He actually judges all the competitions! I highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends