Surf Casitas
$146
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$295
$215
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$110
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$68
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewspots and panscoffee makeroutdoor showerhowler monkeyscosta ricaugonicoyavegetationroomystoveporchinternetnoisemontezumachilljunglebungalow
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The owner Ugo is wonderful and so helpful with anything you need. The casitas are located in the northern quiet section of Santa Teresa which we love the most. The grocery store is very close and restaurants are only a few minutes away walking. The casitas are simple, clean, and comfortable. It was perfect for us because we wanted to cook our meals to save money. They supply all the pots, pans, plates. The refrigerator is a nice size and it was so nice having a freezer. The bathroom is small and clean. Its a perfect place to sit on a hammock and look at all the wildlife around you. There is a front patio with a hammock and table and chairs. Its a great place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We rented a small bungalow at surf casitas, it is a small property with lots of greenery, a quiet atmosphere and lots of wildlife!
Service:
The owner/manager is an excellent host, Ugo knows tons about the local area, where to eat what to see, and surrounding areas, towns and activities.

The room
We were looking for a quiet place, and really enjoyed the independent style of the bungalows. We had a kitchen, bathroom (hot showers too), and bed...No tv, but who needs it on holidays? The kitchen had a gas stove which was nice, closet to hang things, fridge, pots and a pan, dishes etc. It was simple and perfect for us! We rarely ever saw anyone else around, the other guests came and left quietly and there was no noise at night. The room was cleaned for us every other day and because it was small it stayed tidy in between.

The location & amenities
The location was good, very close to a market with all food and grocery items that you would need, and walking distance from the town and many restaurants. Tha main town is a bit far, definitely walkable, but having a quad or scooter is pretty nice. The amenities were great, there was anything you need for a basic holiday!

Best & Worst
Best: The place was always quiet and whenever we wanted to relax we could have a meal on the porch. Even on the one day that it rained it was nice to sit outside and to have a nice hangout. The windows open wide when it gets hot at midday, or A/C was available too.
Worst: We had to go back to work! I would go back to Santa Teresa any day and would definitly rent a bungalow from Surf Casitas again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LLW37
Reviewed November 21, 2010

It was first trip to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica and I am glad I had the chance to stay at the Surf Casitas for my one week surf vacation. I stayed in one of the three charming bungalows. The bungalows are situated in a gated property and every night there was a security guard, which made me feel totally safe. Being a single female traveler, safety is important to me. Ugo, the owner of the Surf Casitas was friendly and accommodating. He answered all my questions and made sure I had everything I needed. He lives on the property in his separate house.

I felt peace and tranquility staying there because my bungalow was surrounded by an abundance of exotic trees, plants and their foliage. It felt like I was in a rain forrest with all the vegetation and the sights and sounds coming from all the different wildlife. I could hear the growls of howler monkeys and the rustling of leaves as they moved from branch to branch. I could hear the different birds chirping in the morning while having my morning coffee sitting on the porch/patio. The porch had a big wooden table with three chairs. It was very relaxing and calming to just lie down in the hammock on the porch reading my book or on the internet because of the free wi-fi after a morning surf lesson. It is very conveniently located about a 5 minute walk to the beach. The beach was amazing. It was so pristine and not over crowded.

My bungalow was fully equipped with everything I needed. There was a queen/king sized bed, which I slept on very comfortably and a twin bed. My private bathroom with a shower had hot and cold water. The kitchen had a decent sized refrigerator, which came in handy to chill refreshments and fruits and vegetables. There was a stove, coffee maker, pots and pans to cook with, dishes, glasses, and utensils. Having an AC was a big plus because I was able to sleep cool and comfortably. There's also an outdoor shower with only cold water to wash off the sand after a day on the beach sunbathing or surfing. There was also a cleaning lady that came every other day.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The surf casitas are just a short path away to the pristine white sand beach and clear water with beautiful waves nearly every day of the year - akin to Indonesia for number of surfable days per year. My air conditioned casita has a deck in a lush peace-inducing garden of flowers and palm trees on the edge of the jungle with exotic birds and butterflies and visiting howler monkeys. It is walking distance to bistros, the village supermarket, and a friendly surf shop. It is very comfortable with a good bed, clean, overhead fan, and security, and a complete kitchen for making a snack or a feast and stashing cold refreshments. I slept deeply, surfed everyday, attended the best yoga classes anywhere in the world at Florblanca, had beautiful dawn walks on the beach, and enjoyed the chic bistros with chefs from around the world scattered along the beach road. I have had epic trips to the waterfall near Montezuma and was ecstatic at the infinity pool and bar up the mountain with a mind blowing vista at sunset. I come back every year!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2010

surf casitas is located in santa teresa on peninsula nicoya,costa rica. it´s a lovely and quiet place surrounded by a fence, at nighttime also guarded.
casitas are roomy bungalows with AC,kitchen,bathroom ( hot water!) and a cozy terrace including hammock and outside-shower...the perfect after-surf-chill is guaranteed. you feel at home immedeatly. one kingsize bed plus another single bed provide space for up to 3 persons. within 5 minutes walking distance you will reach the beach and the next supermarket. cleaning service (included) makes it even more comfortable. on top of that free wireless internet keeps you connected to the world.
I liked the variety of nature-sounds at night-time...welcome to the jungle :-). if waves are big, you will hear them while being in bed. there are only 4 (or 3???) casitas on the estate, which supports the totally relaxed atmosphere. the owner also lives there in his private house, and he´s always able to help you - whatever inquiry you may have.
the only sounds caused by humans are cars (few of them ) passing by.
all in all this place is highly recommended with a convincing price-performance-ratio!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo