“Beautiful Food”
Review of Pranamar Buddha Eyes - CLOSED

Pranamar Buddha Eyes
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean, Costa Rican, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Imagine sitting under beautiful high bamboo ceilings and gazing out over a serene lagoon pool while enjoying delicious, lovingly prepared food …welcome to Pranamar’s restaurant. A dining experience of unforgettable quality, Pranamar's restaurant will most likely linger in your mind long after your vacation ends. Our restaurant, with spectacular views and an exotic, relaxed atmosphere, not only serves delicious food, but also is committed to creating dishes that nourish the body and enliven the senses.Taste some of Costa Rica's local fruits and vegetables, explore creative vegetarian cooking or experience fish and seafood bought from local fishermen of the Peninsula. We offer something for every palate and are more than happy to accommodate special dietary needs or lifestyle choices. Pranamar’s restaurant sources the freshest ingredients for our menu with a strong emphasis on using organic and locally produced products whenever possible. Our food is simple yet enticing. Our belief is that nature knows best. Our Costa Rican chef rejoices in using fruits and vegetables as natural as possible, trying to use the least amount of procedures as possible and taking advantage of their natural qualities. The menu coincides with the North Pacific seasons of Costa Rica in order to maintain the highest standard of food and beverages quality throughout the year. Our style combines Pacific Rim cuisine with Asian and native influences. The casual yet refined dining experience derives from our passion for food, combined with high standards of quality and our friendly service. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week and the restaurant is open to the public. Dinner reservations are recommended.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have eaten at Buddha Eyes many times, both when on retreat at Pranamar Villas-when the meals were served buffet, family-style - and also as guests not on retreat, eating from the menu. The chefs and staff never fail to impress - food is fresh, delicious, excellent in every way. The bar and waitstaff are friendly and helpful, service excellent. Fantastic! Thank you!!!

2  Thank Ezekiel N

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The salads were amazing. Fresh juices. Dinner was great. Lots of vegan options. High quality, gourmet food. Really a treat! Kids loved it too!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Disclaimer. I have food allergies (soy and seafood). So it can be difficult to find places to accommodate these things. I had heard mixed reviews, some grim and others blown away, so decided to investigate. The menu was heavy (almost exclusively soy & seafood, and when I explained this, they very kindly offered to create a chicken dish for me. As we settled in, they brought out the complimentary bread and cream cheese in a pool of soy sauce, which granted is a nice touch, but considering I had just explained my allergy was disappointing. I was never offered a drink refill (NOT ONCE!) and when my entrée came there was soy on the plate. TOO BAD. The restaurant is also a shoes off establishment, which isn't so bad except there are mischievous kitties and crabs cruising around, and so not entirely comfortable.

Overall. Disappointed.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel we stayed at recommended this restaurant and we were excited to try it because it was one of two restaurants within walking distance of our accommodations.

We were the only couple in the dining room and they sat another single woman directly beside us. Awkward! I guess it was more convenient for the waitress to seat and serve the only two tables in the restaurant within a couple of feet of each other.

The service was okay. We didn't really see the waitress much. The food was mediocre at best. My husband's pasta was a very strange texture. We couldn't figure out if it even was pasta. My salad was pedestrian and even the drinks were boring. Ended up being one of our more expensive meals and we regretted the whole evening. Especially the part where the kitchen staff came out and stared in our direction, spoke in Spanish to one another and laughed. We left soon thereafter. It wasn't even worth complaining about after that.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Love the setting. Love the Raga Blend. Great fish tacos. My kids love that they have chicken fingers. Good clean food and a relaxing setting.