Perfect Sunset School
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$86
$68
$221
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$63
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$137
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$400
Travelocity
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$75
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Orbitz.com
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$179
All reviewsspanish lessonsplaya hermosagreat teachernice weekshared roombeautiful beachsuper funyoga classescosta ricaweek stayperfect placenew friendsspecial thanksgood vibespura vidainfinity poolgreat surf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I took two weeks (initially signed up for one) of Spanish lessons with Gustavo. I've been to the area many times, and this time I was there for a couple of months and wanted to learn Spanish. Everyone I spoke to recommended Gustavo for lessons. Now I know why. Gustavo has incredible patience, tunes in immediately to your level, and the greatest strength of all....his encouragement - all great teachers have this and this encouragement drives students to perform their best. Homework was assigned everyday, and as Gustavo said "you can do it or not....but this will help you learn and then we review together tomorrow." I was writing paragraphs in Spanish by the time I was done....and can now understand the spoken language. Back at home now...and Gustavo's training has got me looking for Spanish classes to take so I can practice speaking with others in Spanish. Great teacher!

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took two weeks of Spanish classes while I was staying in Santa Teresa. I had good luck with my teacher because Gustavo first checked my level before we started with our lessons. He always taught with lot's of knowledge and fun! I've learned a lot and had lot's of fun! So I could improve my Spanish! Thank you for a fantastic time!!!

Hice un curso de español durante dos semanas. Tuve mucha suerte con mi profesor porque Gustavo examino mi conocimiento antes de comenzar las clases. El siempre enseña con mucho conocimiento y diversio. Asi pude mejorar mi español. Aprendi y me diverti mucho!!!
Muchas gracias Gustavo!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We came to start Spanish as we are moving to a Spanish speaking country in the next few months. We had a brilliant teacher, who was so enthusiastic and really pushed us to speak and converse in spanish-we walked away with a great base and all the building blocks to start communicating in Spanish. The classes were very individualized as we were the only two in the class-we really learnt a lot. Gustavo has been excellent- helping us i every way possible booking us trips, showing us local spots and the best places to eat and surf. We did the intensive sessions and we were worried that it might be to full on but it balanced out beautifully. We surfed in the mornings (surf beach was about 1km away), did spanish lessons in the middle of the day and then went back to the beach again in the afternoon/or just sat around and relaxed in the hammocks. We stayed in the private accommodation, in a house owned by two lovely americans, Jim and Erin. The house is lovely and very clean. They were very hospitable and full of information about how to spend our time here. We really had a great stay: educational and relaxed: we got the best of both worlds!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had a fantastic time here. Gustavo not only treats you as a VIP but as a good friend. My room was upgraded upon my arrival. Gustavo is a great cook and a better spanish instructor. The town is a lot of fun, it is about a 12 minute bike ride away. The surf was big here, I think because I was here at beginning of rainy season (May 9th, 2012). Gustavo accomadated us with a few day trips to Montezuma where the waves were more mellow. We had a few late night parties down at the surf camp which was lots of fun. I hope to come back to Santa Teresa soon to see Gustavo and the others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Perfect Sunset School treated me like a queen. They were doing some construction and made sure I felt NO inconvenience at all. They UPGRADED me. I was treated to a private room in a beautiful home about a 5 minute walk from the school. My accommodations were amazing! Since breakfast and dinner were included in the Perfect Sunset package, Gustavo or Sergio came over to personally cook for me! No joke. I had a personal chef! This just shows you their attention to detail and their desire to help eacj customer have a wonderful vacation/experience. Gustavo is also and excellent teacher. His surfing instruction...and then tips... was fantastic. I was paddling outback and enjoying the waves in just a few days. I also took Spanish lessons. It finally started to click. Gustavo's methods and patience are great.
I didn't want to leave and I will try to get back as soon as I can. I highly recommend this trip to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo