New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Couldn't ask for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Perfect Sunset School

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Perfect Sunset School
You added Perfect Sunset School to your Saves list
Bellevue
“Couldn't ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Perfect Sunset School treated me like a queen. They were doing some construction and made sure I felt NO inconvenience at all. They UPGRADED me. I was treated to a private room in a beautiful home about a 5 minute walk from the school. My accommodations were amazing! Since breakfast and dinner were included in the Perfect Sunset package, Gustavo or Sergio came over to personally cook for me! No joke. I had a personal chef! This just shows you their attention to detail and their desire to help eacj customer have a wonderful vacation/experience. Gustavo is also and excellent teacher. His surfing instruction...and then tips... was fantastic. I was paddling outback and enjoying the waves in just a few days. I also took Spanish lessons. It finally started to click. Gustavo's methods and patience are great.
I didn't want to leave and I will try to get back as soon as I can. I highly recommend this trip to everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I was here for 3 months on a Journey to better myself at surfing and exploring what is out there. I was taken care of to the fullest extent of my stay by wondeful people. Gustavo welcomed me with some of the best cooking here in the Nicoya Peninsula. You will find pizza nowhere better than here. The vibe in this place is to the full extent of relaxation and no hustle and bustle of the everyday activities at home. Gustavo always made sure whatever I needed was booked or reserved. The staff was like no other I could not have asked for more during my stay. You are aproximately 1km from one of the best surf breaks in the area. The place though is right on the beach so it's just a light stroll down to the beach to epic waves. Not crowded and layed back would be the best way to explain it. One of the few places that offers breakfast every morning. The best powerup before a solid surf sesh. The only thing that would be a downfall to this whole trip would be going into Santa Teresa (town) That for me though is still a positive because where you are at is tranquil and away from town. Water problems are common for the whole area of the Nicoya Peninsula just note that.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
hirschthal, switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Don't miss this gorgeous place! Expect fantastic beaches, lush vegetation and clean and comfy rooms. Many thanks to Gustavo for the great surfing lessons. If you want to make the most of your beach vacation, Gustavo is also a Spanish teacher. Conclusion: this place has it all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I had a great time at the Perfect Sunset School. The view is exactly what the name suggests - the sun sets right in front of the hotel. There is a great beach break a couple minutes walking from the hotel and a reef/rock break further down the beach for more experienced surfers (not me). The people were great and Gustavo is excellent. I definitely recommend it if you're heading to Costa Rica. I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

The perfect sunset school holds its name with incredible sunsets almost every night. I spent 30 days at the perfect sunset school doing the surf school and surf camp. The location of the hotel is gorgeous. Gustavo is an extremely friendly and helpful director of the school and does everything he can to make your costa rican experience everything you want it to be. Good surfing at playa hermosa is a short 10 to 15 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is small and quaint run by Gustavo and Javier who will make you feel at home right away. The perfect sunset school is located a short ways outside the main town of santa teresa which makes it very peaceful. The food and hospitality at the perfect sunset school were excellent with a variety of great food. I searched for a variety of surf school/camps in costa rica and the options were endless. The value at the perfect sunset school with the combination of great people made it an amazing experience for me. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a once in a lifetime experience in a tropical paradise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo