“We had an amazing honeymoon at Manala Hotel!”
Review of Manala Hotel

Manala Hotel
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed February 2, 2011

What a perfect place to stay! My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon from Jan 11-18 and had such a wonderful time. It was the perfect location to be able to relax at the hotel by the pool or in the bungalow, walk down the road to eat lunch or dinner, and our favorite thing was to walk to the beach several times a day! The owner and staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel completely at home. Laura and Monica were such wonderful people to meet and helped us set up a zip line canopy tour, quad rentals, and even the taxi back to the airport when we left. They also made great recommendations for places to eat and visit while we were there. I can't say enough good things about this place. It was our own little paradise.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Manala Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2011

what can I say? best place i´ve been in a long while (and I travel a lot), great rooms, very quiet surroundings, spectacular service, and perfect location. If you want to spend a few days in one of the best beaches around, this should be one of your top choices. People at the hotel make you feel right at home and give you the best service.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at Manala 3 nights and it was very nice. The quality of the room
is excellent - spacious, comfortable, refrigerator, A/C, clean and priced
way below this level. It appears to be a brand new facility. The location
is exactly centered on the surf beach at Santa Teresa. Several restaurants
within a few minutes walk, but a little farther to the busier areas. The hotel
restaurant was not open for business yet. The room service is a treat for the ladies.
I had a "double" bed (I think) but it was actually two twins side by side.
Didn't matter to me since I was solo, but you might want to check further.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Manala four nights. The service was excellent, and the rooms/cabins really really nice! I think Manala have the best housekeeping service in CR. Every time you got home from the beach the housekeeper have done a incredible job making leafs, swans, hearts etc with the towels and put many many good smelling flowers in the cabins, AMAZING!

There is a 2 minutes walk to the beach from the hotel and 3 minutes walk to the supermarket.

We loved the staying and we will be back! :)

Thank you Laura, Leo & Co for a lovely stay at your hotel!

Best regards
Anders & Elin

• Stayed: October 2010
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I own a travel agency, Blue Destiny and I visited Manala Hotel this past weekend, the facilities are great, and everything was very good. The rooms are very cozy and you can actually hear the ocean when youre at the pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My partner and I have traveled around quite a bit in Costa Rica to visit new out-of-the-way places and we have experienced a broad range of hotels and lodges all over the country. Manalá was one of the most enjoyable experiences for us up-to-date. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

From the start they make you feel at home with all the little details: flowers all over the room, warm service from the employees, beautiful decorations (including hand-picked sea shells and hand painted sinks), the bungalow’s internal distribution, etc. A lot of care took place in making guests feel as comfortable as possible and it is absolutely evident!

If you want to visit Santa Teresa, please do yourself a favor and stay at Manalá. The Hotel is great and has excellent location. It is only a few hundred meters away from the beach, a few local restaurants and mini markets.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The hotel grounds were BEAUTIFUL. Having recently opened not too long ago, everything appeared to be brand new! The little cabins/bungalows were awesome - like little personal houses. The showers were huge, and the structure/architecture was so pleasing to the eye. Manala is situated in a great location, across from the best beach entrance/surf break in town, as well as the most popular bar. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and nice. We were lucky enough to have gotten a great deal on staying there a few nights, which they probably offered because it was rainy season. The pool was huge, and very relaxing! Breakfast being served to us in the morning was also a nice treat. We stayed at two other hotels - the Beija Flor and Moana Lodge - both were okay, but Manala topped them all in service, quality, value, and beauty for sure! I will definitely be recommending this place to everyone and plan on staying here again when I come back to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple