Tripadvisor
Santa Teresa
All reviews yoga retreat vajra sol poolside villa ocean front costa rica outdoor shower our honeymoon garden bungalow zip lining amazing resort piece of heaven off the beaten path beautiful country small group open air san jose tide pools
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Pranamar is my favorite place to stay in Santa Teresa! Every detail of the resort is designed and maintained with care. The villas and bungalows are beautiful! The property is a quiet and relaxing space to really sit back and unwind. Everything you need is on site; a beautiful pool, oceanfront hammocks, amazing yoga, outstanding food, the best massages. You never want to leave! The staff is exceptional. Every year we are greeted with the friendliest staff and the amazing owners. They make you feel like its your home away from home. If you are visiting Santa Teresa, staying at Pranamar is a must!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 20, 2019 via mobile

I keep coming back to Pranamar, either staying in one of their villas or just attending the fantastic yoga classes, or enjoying a massage, or lunching at the restaurant.
It s such a beautiful and relaxing place.
The Bali style buildings are now needing a bit of maintenance after these years, but nevertheless it s a piece of heaven, and the staff is super lovely.
Iguanas, blue jays and racoons always pay me a visit, and I love it!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

I loved my stay at pranamar villas it was just gorgeous and I was sad to leave.
I flew into tambor from San Jose and pranamar organised a transfer from the airport to pick me up. From that moment on everything was taken care of for me. I was a solo traveller, just landed from London so was pretty exhausted but felt in safe hands.
I was in Villa 5 which was huge, clean and simply decorated but very comfortable and very chic. There was an outdoor bathroom with a stone tub which was a nice treat!
I am a yogi so loved Nancy’s classes. She is a through teacher. Very expressive, dynamic and fun. Her style suits everyone and I enjoyed practise with her. I also had a class with Amelie which was equally good and a high standard of teaching. The Shala is set next to the pool which is lovely and cool. Truest beautiful space with a Buddha wall at the back. I asked for my breakfast and yoga to be added to my overall stay so I paid for 1 class a day in advance.
The food is just wonderful. Really fresh, lots of variety and really well presented. There is something for everyone on the menu.
The staff are what make this place lovely. They remembered my name and normally knew what I wanted to eat and drink. The smoothies are a must (surfers paradise in the morning whilst sat on the beach is magical).
The beach is lovely, but there is a big tide so in the morning the sea is far out but it exposes all the pretty rock pools. The beach is very rustic and natural which is gorgeous so if you love a long beach walk this place is for you! There is lots of wildlife kicking around also so if you enjoy bird watching there are lots flying around which creates a lovely peaceful environment.
The retreat is a little in the middle of nowhere but I was only staying for a few days before heading on so it Didn’t phase me much as it has everything you would need for 3-4 days.
The sunsets are stunning, a definite highlight of my stay, sat on the hammock watching it set with all its amazing colours.

As a solo traveller I felt very safe and not out of place as the place is big enough for you to mix into the background. Everyone there has a lovely welcoming energy!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed November 21, 2019

Fantastic rooms, great setting, and a very tranquil vibe made our Pranamar experience very special. All of the staff were fantastic but a special shout out to Alejandro, Bryan, Gabby, Miley, and Kimberly Christine who were not only attentive and helpful but fun to talk to and so welcoming. Susan and Greg, the owners, have really done a nice job building a first class resort and Susan's daughter Nancy runs the yoga program which was spectacular. Nancy is a great instructor as is Amalina who taught the evening class. My wife and I frequently did the morning and evening classes because they were so good. The restaurant, owned and run by Norman and Alessandra is awesome and the beachfront location they've created is quite special. The food and drinks were great, the service was first class, and the location was beautiful. Many mornings and afternoons it seemed that we had the whole beach to ourselves for what seemed miles and it spectacular. Pranamar is less than a 5 minute drive or short walk to one of the best surf breaks, especially for beginners, at Playa Hermosa. Every day we surfed there because the waves were so consistent. We will be back again next year.

Room tip: Rooms by the beach or not around the pool will be more private. Rooms around the pool are super cool but with less privacy.
Reviewed October 18, 2019

I stayed here in Jan 2019 and loved every aspect of my room, the beach and the restaurant. Our room was a spacious 2 bedroom with an outdoor and indoor shower overlooking the pool -- we were in heaven every day/night. The staff and hospitality at Pranamar in Santa Teresa were amazing! Thank You!

Date of stay: January 2019