All reviews yoga retreat vajra sol poolside villa ocean front costa rica outdoor shower our honeymoon every morning garden bungalow healthy food heaven on earth zip lining off the beaten path amazing resort beautiful country small group open air
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Can I just live here?? I had high expectations of this place.. my expectations were beyond exceeded. The front desk is super friendly and helpful. Thank you gaby and Alejandro for everything.
As for The restaurant “kavita” - the food is AMAZING!!! I’m vegan and the food did not disappoint, at all!! The chef is amazing. Service amazing!! Brian, Allan and Venus were so friendly and helpful. Thank you guys. I can not wait to come back!!
The beach, the rooms, the shala, the pool, everything about this place was great! Thank you !! I will be back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Pranamar, Gerente at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

Hello Vegan Blanca,
Thank you very much for sharing your vacation with us. We do everything possible to not disappoint any taste or preference. We hope to see you again.
Pura vida.

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Fantastic location on the beach, walking distance from great surf spot. Villas build around the pool which give you an intimate feel. Little further out of town, but less than 10minutes by car will get you in the heart of Santa Theresa with restaurants and bars. Staff is relaxed and friendly. Food is amazing. We had a fantastic time, thanks!!

Date of stay: October 2018

PThanks bartm67. You said everything. good surf, good food, good place to rest and disconnect .... and close enough to eat and enjoy all of what we offer in the NIcoya Peninsula.

Thank you for your comment!

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I visited Pranamar with a small group of folks on a Reiki retreat. It was the perfect venue for us. I shared a poolside villa (#6) with a friend. The villas are spacious with a great layout and amenities. I especially loved the outdoor bathtub/shower and the hammock on the porch.

There is a beautiful yoga shala on site with daily classes. The pools are inviting and refreshing. There is a really lovely flow to the pace of days spent there. One can truly savor being relaxed.

Both restaurants on the property are very good. The food was fresh, delicious, and beautifully served. There are an array of smoothies and green drinks—I am sure we tried them all a few times. : )
The beach restaurant was still open as it was the tail end of the dry season. The sunsets are breathtaking, the atmosphere is relaxed and easy. We lingered over dinners each night. Both the chef and all the wait staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Pranamar is set in a tropical paradise right on the beach, but what sets it apart from other Playa Hermosa resorts are the wonderful people who work there. Gabi, Alejandro, Dani, Jimena (sp?), Venus, Judith, Esteban, and everyone else made my stay especially memorable. From organizing excursions, renting ATVs or surfboards, booking spa services to rescuing an iguana who got stuck in the outdoor bathtub—these folks were remarkable! Can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your nice words. Our staff is a professional team that loves to share the Pura Vida and make Pranamar your home away from home.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Everything about our stay at Pranamar was perfect! The accommodations are unique, spacious Nd gorgeous. The staff is incredibly kind and super helpful. The location is ideal- secluded on its own stretch of beach but a short atv ride to town. Loved it soooo much!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello,
Thank you for your comment. All of us at Pranamar give our best so that your stay is unique and memorable.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This was my second time staying at Pranamar for an Aligned Flow Yoga Retreat. I was nervous to return because the first time was so magical. I was afraid that magic might not exist on a second visit but I was wrong.

My second visit was just as magical and magnificent as my first in 2018. The grounds are beautiful and you could not get closer to the ocean or beach. I love the feet of the villas as opposed to a hotel building. It gives the feeling of being in a little village. We had no issues with our rooms except for the occasional bug or crab that might visit. This was totally expected because we are in nature, and made for great conversation at our meals!

The staff was always spectacular. Juliana and Dee were so wonderful helping us get everything scheduled for our retreat and Alejandra was especially delightful to work with in arranging anything we needed with the kitchen. The changes to the restaurant were a wonderful surprise as we got to enjoy lunch and dinner in the beach. Everyone really enjoyed that! Jairo, Carlos and Nahomy were so warm and welcoming at all of our meals!! Many of us took surf lessons with Gero and Cris (terrific people with amazing vibes) and we found them to be outstanding!! I highly recommend them for lessons! We also did an amazing singing bowl meditation with Amy. The front desk staff was as delightful as I remembered from last year and Alejandro was always ready to greet us with a smile!

This place is magic and everyone at Pranamar made our visit exceptional! We already have planned our return retreat for 2020.

I love everything about this place. The people, the food, the pool, the beach, the beautiful Yoga Shala. This place just feels like I have come home. It makes me happy being there and I wish I could stay forever. When I arrive my hardest decision is what to where for yoga and what bathing suit to put on after yoga class. I get to spend a week without worrying and without a care in the world and in one of the most beautiful places. Thank you for everything you did for our group!!! Counting down the days until I can return.

Hello!
Retreats are a great challenge for us. Reading your comment is an award for everyone at Pranamar, we hope to see you again and surpass your expectations for a third time.
thank you.