All reviews yoga retreat vajra sol ocean front poolside villa costa rica our honeymoon every morning garden bungalow healthy food heaven on earth zip lining off the beaten path amazing resort beautiful country open air relaxing vacation can't wait to go back
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Pranamar was just heaven. Beautiful rooms, peaceful and perfect beach, delicious fresh and healthy food, friendly staff, amazing yoga. Loved it. Fully recommend.

Just a couple of small things - quite pricey, which was fine, but then it felt a bit mean to charge extra small amounts for things that should maybe be included (eg. eating food at the beach restaurant rather that up at the restaurant cost extra). Also, restaurant / bar closed quite early. But overall I’m rave reviewing the place!

Thank you!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Live the best that Costa Rica has to offer at Pranamar Villas. We simply enjoyed everything about Pranamar Villas. The friendly, helpful and relaxed staff helped us enjoy and take full advantage of the great offerings at Pranamar and other local adventures which were right out the door of our villa. I didn’t know a place like this still existed in the world where you can live so calmly, happily and freely enjoying the local people and culture, pristine beaches, really fun surfing and world-class yoga instruction and facility all topped with excellent food and fresh smoothies. I can’t wait to come back. Gracias!

Room tip: We loved Villa 2 and could hear the ocean waves all of the time. What a treat!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Santa Teresa on our honeymoon and were looking to do some yoga. A waitress from The Bakery said Pranamajar was the *best* in the area so we headed a little past town to try it. The resort itself is beautiful and I would definitely have stayed there (note that it would make sense to rent an ATV to get around in the area - it’s practical and a lot of fun!). We did the Sunday morning vinyasa for 90 minutes. It was adaptable for any level. I prefer power vinyasa classes that move faster however I enjoyed the challenge of holding poses for longer. We liked Pranamajar so much that we stayed the entire day and did a couples massage, happy hour at Luc’s, and relaxed in the hammocks. 5 stars from us!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2017

This is a beautiful property with a tremendous staff. We loved Villa #1 as well; it was well appointed and worth the splurge for the beachfront location. However -- the last time I was at Pranamar, in high season, the restaurant menu changed day to day, with lots of interesting specials. This time, in the low season, the menu was limited, and exactly the same at lunch and dinner for the entire week, which was disappointing and tedious. The promised special beach dinners (with a different menu) were cancelled due to rain in the forecast, although it never did rain on the evenings in question. With no other options in walking distance, the overall dining experience ended up being the one big disappointment of our visit, and in my book, a reason to stay elsewhere in the off-season.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank VTER12
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Ocean front villas, great pool, great beach, one of the best yoga studios / movement studios one could wish for, friendly staff and amazing juices & smoothies...

just all together a great great exeperience and I will happily come back!

Date of stay: September 2017