All reviews yoga retreat vajra sol ocean front poolside villa costa rica our honeymoon every morning garden bungalow heaven on earth healthy food zip lining off the beaten path amazing resort beautiful country open air relaxing vacation can't wait to go back
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Live the best that Costa Rica has to offer at Pranamar Villas. We simply enjoyed everything about Pranamar Villas. The friendly, helpful and relaxed staff helped us enjoy and take full advantage of the great offerings at Pranamar and other local adventures which were right out the door of our villa. I didn’t know a place like this still existed in the world where you can live so calmly, happily and freely enjoying the local people and culture, pristine beaches, really fun surfing and world-class yoga instruction and facility all topped with excellent food and fresh smoothies. I can’t wait to come back. Gracias!

Room tip: We loved Villa 2 and could hear the ocean waves all of the time. What a treat!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Santa Teresa on our honeymoon and were looking to do some yoga. A waitress from The Bakery said Pranamajar was the *best* in the area so we headed a little past town to try it. The resort itself is beautiful and I would definitely have stayed there (note that it would make sense to rent an ATV to get around in the area - it’s practical and a lot of fun!). We did the Sunday morning vinyasa for 90 minutes. It was adaptable for any level. I prefer power vinyasa classes that move faster however I enjoyed the challenge of holding poses for longer. We liked Pranamajar so much that we stayed the entire day and did a couples massage, happy hour at Luc’s, and relaxed in the hammocks. 5 stars from us!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2017

This is a beautiful property with a tremendous staff. We loved Villa #1 as well; it was well appointed and worth the splurge for the beachfront location. However -- the last time I was at Pranamar, in high season, the restaurant menu changed day to day, with lots of interesting specials. This time, in the low season, the menu was limited, and exactly the same at lunch and dinner for the entire week, which was disappointing and tedious. The promised special beach dinners (with a different menu) were cancelled due to rain in the forecast, although it never did rain on the evenings in question. With no other options in walking distance, the overall dining experience ended up being the one big disappointment of our visit, and in my book, a reason to stay elsewhere in the off-season.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank VTER12
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Ocean front villas, great pool, great beach, one of the best yoga studios / movement studios one could wish for, friendly staff and amazing juices & smoothies...

just all together a great great exeperience and I will happily come back!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2017

On our way to this hotel a local told us it was the Beverly Hills of Santa Teressa, and we found out what he ment when we got there. This place is a paradise on Hermosa beach. the villas are private and comfortable even for a whole family, the beach is to die for, and the service is great. the only drawback is that it's remote from the center of the town, but they have ATVs you can rent on site to get back and forth in 15 minutes or so. There is a cute little restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch (dinner off season only by reservation). staying here was the best choice we made in Santa Teressa !

Room tip: Only two villas have front view to the beach
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
pranamar, Propietario at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write. So glad you enjoyed your stay. As you know, roads in Costa Rica are awful and particularly during the rainy season when you were here! But thank you for having a great attitude. Believe me, I wish i could fix these darn roads and we are active in constantly working with the government.
Thanks so much for your honest review
Susan Money, Owner