TripAdvisor
Santa Teresa
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews yoga retreat vajra sol poolside villa ocean front costa rica outdoor shower our honeymoon garden bungalow zip lining amazing resort piece of heaven off the beaten path beautiful country small group open air san jose tide pools
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2016

We brought our family of 4 (2 young girls) to Pranamar for 4 days. It was great. Our room was a 2 story apartment facing the ocean through the shade of palm trees. The hotel totally took care of everything for us. Private surf lessons were great. Daily yoga was included (AND WE WERE VERY VERY BAD AT IT) and we had fun doing it! The restaurant had a very nice health minded menu. The kids loved the smoothies. We would stay there again.

Room tip: Keep the outdoor bathroom door shut, since the raccoons come in to the bathroom at night. :)
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Dear family,
So Glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Pranamar! It's nice to hear from families as often people think we only cater to yoga groups!
And I must say, my grandchildren come yo Pranamar every day after school for a smoothie or organic fruit Popsicle. Send your friends, we will take care of them with love!
Happy travels
Susan Money, Owner

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Pranamar was a lovely place to stay while attending a week long yoga retreat. Even though our room was on adjacent property, everything was very nice, clean and well decorated. The villas are on an incredibly beautiful piece of oceanfront property. The staff was top notch and beyond friendly and attentive.
The organic, locally sourced food and 3 times daily fresh fruit smoothies was absolutely delicious!
This is one of the nicest places in Santa Teresa. I would highly recommend it and want to return soon!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

I did not stay at Pranamar, but went several times for the excellent yoga instruction with Nancy Goodfellow, and to the restaurant. I am a very new yoga student. I really learned a lot and Nancy is a wonderful and inspiring teacher. They offer excellent yoga packages that made daily yoga very affordable. They provide all the equipment you need. I think it would have been difficult if I hadn't learned a few basics in Tamarindo, but having had 6 classes there allowed me to feel a full participant at Pranamar. Nancy always offers a wide range of options for beginners to accomplished yogis. We very much enjoyed the delicious offerings at the restaurant. Everyone we encountered at Pranamar was kind and friendly. They treated us non-staying guests as if we were valued and appreciated. We enjoyed a wonderful experience every time at Pranamar!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dovie
Reviewed January 20, 2016

Beautiful Bali style villas around a slate pool in a tropical paradise. This is an eco resort, so expect its gardens to invite the birds and wildlife and make you feel like you are in a national park rather than a resort. I have travelled to similar resorts in Asia and found this one to be the best value for money. Expect to pay upwards of $1,000 for something similar in other parts of the world.

The restaurant serves great gourmet style food - other reviews mention buffet, but this is reserved for yoga parties. The menu features fresh seafood and a range of healthy options. Mayli was our server most nights and her service was top notch. The price was also locally competitive, but better in terms of consistent quality.

Room tip: Villa 3 has an almost completely private pool!
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank PeterD d
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2016

Dear happy guest,
Thank you for your nice review and for taking the time to write!
I'm simply delighted that you were pleased and it's especially nice that you mentioned one of our servers as outstanding. As the owner I can tell you this "the staff is the most important part of a successful Hotel! My employees are awesome!
Hope to see you again
Susan Money, Owner

Reviewed December 16, 2015

This resort went above and beyond anything I dreamt of... I am a yogini and a healthy living blogger and I finally felt as if I found "my place". A week here was simply not enough time. Before coming to Pranamar, the office staff was very helpful in giving us information on how to get to the hotel and even set up transportation for our group. The staff became our family; they knew us all by first name, they anticipated our needs, they were warm, caring and helpful. I found the property to be beautiful with a one of a kind yoga studio, nice rooms and delicious, healthy food. The PASSION and history behind the Pranamar is one you will hopefully be lucky enough to to hear from the owner Susan herself. Once I met Susan, I would wake up extra early just to have coffee and conversation with her and her staff. Susan is one of the most genuine and humble human beings I have ever met. She pours her love and passion into the Pranamar as her heart is in everything she does at the resort. I'm planning on making this resort my annual vacation spot. Costa Rica is an incredible place, however Pranamar made our experience even more memorable. Thank you...

Date of stay: December 2015