My hubs and I went a couple of years ago when it first opened for a surf trip, and loved it. Great grounds, awesome rooms, super close to amazing surf, great yoga, and awesome food.
We loved it so much that we went back last year for another week-long trip, and will likely be back again this year. We keep trying to travel to other places, but Pranamar is always the bar ("This new place looks cool, but is it as cool as Pranamar?").
The town is great (crazy bumpy road into town), lots of good food - but you don't have to leave if you don't want to, there's lots of good food and drinks on-site.
The massage was awesome, the hammocks amazing, and sunsets are incredible. And the fizzers! Mmm, be sure to get one.
The surfing was also awesome. Friendly line-up, easy walk from the hotel (ten minutes), and great waves with plenty of room for everyone. Nothing beats your first night out, when you're in the warm blue water (no wetsuit, woohoo!) looking back at the jungle with the winds dying down, and the sun setting. That's when you know that you've found the best place!
They've got the service down! Dago is awesome about surf recommendations, the guys at the bar make the best drinks, and the chefs have great food. And of course Nancy and her crew have great stories to share with the guests, and genuinely care that you're having a great time. It feels like they're hosting you at their home.
They've got the pura vida thing down, pat.
Would def go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa