Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$146
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$68
Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$34
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Hotels.com
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$110
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
Priceline
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewsyoga retreatocean frontcosta ricaour honeymoonheaven on earthhealthy foodpiece of heavenbeachfront bungalowopen airpura vidasmall groupcan't wait to go backcouples massagesan josehermosa beachlow tidelaid back
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've never left a review because my travels are often roughing-it-type backpacking in places without staying in a fabulous resort, however, I came here last week for a yoga retreat and enjoyed every minute. In fact, I'm enjoying the memories too.
If you are a fancy pants and don't like bugs, don't go to the jungle by the beach. If you like being one with nature, and soaking in all of the vibrant life around you, yes, do stay here! I did yoga 2x a day, and the studio was surrounded by nature in the open air (so just wear bug spray if youre buggy sensitive) and you could hear all of the birds and the ocean. I loved it. I ate a vegetarian meal at the restaurant 3x a day for 8 days. Every single thing I had, including smoothies, juices, and desserts, were healthy, nutritious, and/or delicious, and the staff was super helpful, funny, and professional, and the lovely presentation of the food made me want to eat the plates too.
I did lots of yoga and surfing, so my appetite was always huge, and was never let down.
The front desk staff was very helpful in accommodations and in getting to and from places, especially booking excursions. We did group trips horseback riding, zip lining, snorkeling, and taking ATV's to a waterfall, and they were all organized for us by the staff.
Personally, I'm fascinated by the flora and fauna, and I'm not scared to see a snake slithering through, a creepy looking bug run around me, or a giant bat fly through the path. Being this exposed to nature, having the bungalows and villas be open to hear wind and rain and animals, is so wonderful to me. we kept our doors shut and it kept the bugs out. I slept like a baby since I was so active all day every day, and I woke up with the sun, which gave me some quiet time.
The grounds are maintained every morning, and the housekeeping comes in and cleans and mops every day. the floors were literally squeaky clean when I would return!
It was not cheap, but for me, it felt fancy and luxurious. I hope I can go back next year!!!

Room Tip: The villas around the pool get more foot traffic, but are convenient. the bungalows on the other side are quiet and more secluded. Both are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Lixianna
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear fellow yogi:
I'm delighted you enjoyed Pranamar and the yoga and any little visiting bugs that must have had fun finding you!
And it's well to let people know that we are in the jungle and our bathrooms are very open and the rains had just started do its not uncommon to experience ants or sand fleas or even an iguana in your bathroom!
We are thrilled you had a good experience and hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks.
Susan Money, Owner and all the Pranamar gang

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Pranamar is true gem,peaceful,tranquil and completely relaxing. Whether your into Yoga or not this place is true find. The staff, the beach, the villas are all wonderful. The food and to me the fact that is a little off the beaten path makes it even better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Loved how you started this review with "just a fabulous experience"
I think that says it all, but a big thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with our other readers.
Come back again just to make sure we are sill doing a good jobs!
Much love.
Susan Money, owner and the Pranamar family

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I actually lead Yoga Vacations for clients. This year was in Costa Rica and we were at Pranamar for a week. It was beautiful! The place is peaceful and gorgeous - rooms are comfortable and unique. I wanted a place right on the beach with plenty of jungle around it - and this was perfect! We've reserved a week for next year too! It's a little remote to get to - but that's part of the adventure and the staff helped me to organize the whole thing.
Great Restaurant at Buddha Nose and the Spa Services were out of this world. This spot is not to be missed!

Room Tip: They're all great! If you like the sound of the ocean all night long choose the Ocean Front Bungalow or Villa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Yogi,
Thank you for your glowing evaluation!
I was walking the El Camino de Santiago so did not meet you but your lively review made my day!!
Next year I will meet you for sure. Thanks again for taking the time to write
Namaste
Susan Money
Owner Pranamar Villas

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Pranamar villas are the vacation I love. Remote, quiet, beautiful, well maintained. Yoga area brings me zen just thinking about it. Staff are beautiful, kind and excellent at their work.
Restaurant and ocean are perfect.
I have been twice and look forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: I like all the villas and bungalows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol B
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hello my friend,
I think the most powerful thing you said in you review was that this was your second visit to Pranamar. WHat a beautiful compliment!
I know there are a lot of ways and places you could spend your precious vacation time. We are all deeply grateful for your trust in us. All of us at the hotel thank you, and may we be blessed to see you again and again!!
Much love
Susan Money, Owner

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We planned our trip to focus on Yoga and Surfing. Both of these endeavors were met and our expectations were exceeded. The Yoga studio is immaculate and open, facing the ocean. The regular instructor, Nancy, is knowledgeable, spiritual, and approachable. Her classes were relaxing and challenging for both novices and advanced students. Our surfing instructor, Geronimo ("Gero" for short), was awesome. He told us everything we needed to know and both of us were riding waves confidently after just one lesson. He is also one of the best surfers in the area (although he would never admit it, we heard this from more than one person outside of his company). Playa Hermosa is a great place to learn how to surf and to get a great workout in the process.

The staff was very amenable and especially so when we were booking. The trip to Santa Teresa is tricky but they helped us book a charter flight which made everything a lot easier. There were a couple of hiccups with transportation from the hotel to the airport when we checked out but nothing major. All in all, the staff is awesome and eager to please.

The restaurant is more expensive than the other places in town but it is convenient and delicious. We were very happy with the juice options at breakfast which got us started on the right foot everyday. The waiters/waitresses are all super friendly and eager to please.

We didn't give Pranamar a perfect score because of little things which could be improved: the grounds could be a little cleaner, the paths to and from the villas could have been manicured a little better (our front door path was actually obscured by a few large plants almost completely), the path from the beach to the hotel could have been cleared better, and some of the screens in our villa were ill-fitted which caused us some little bug issues, but nothing we couldn't handle.

Our experience was wonderful despite the small areas which can be improved. When those small things get addressed, I think this would become a five star resort. We would go back in a heartbeat either way.

Room Tip: the closer to the beach, the better. who doesn't want a beachfront lanai? our beachfront villa was big and really comfortable. the outdoor shower is AMAZING.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank berger_inferno

Dear guest
Now that was an awesome review! Thank you for taking the time!
I would like you to know that the trimming of the plants has to coincide with the rains. Sometimes things start to grow a little beyond the walkways but it is important when we trim. Once the serious rains start we really cut everything way down. I personally don't like it like that because I prefer things to err on the side of overgrown but my husband is the Gardner and I have learned that he really does know what's best for the longevity of the gardens. So I must admit it depends when you visit whether or not you will have the plants too thick and tall or too sparse.
Of course there is also a window of time when things are darn close to perfect
As for the screens we will take notes and work on it right away ! Thanks for being so adaptable
But we will fine tune everything again.
We truly appreciate your honesty!
Glad you had a great time!!
Warmly