I've never left a review because my travels are often roughing-it-type backpacking in places without staying in a fabulous resort, however, I came here last week for a yoga retreat and enjoyed every minute. In fact, I'm enjoying the memories too.
If you are a fancy pants and don't like bugs, don't go to the jungle by the beach. If you like being one with nature, and soaking in all of the vibrant life around you, yes, do stay here! I did yoga 2x a day, and the studio was surrounded by nature in the open air (so just wear bug spray if youre buggy sensitive) and you could hear all of the birds and the ocean. I loved it. I ate a vegetarian meal at the restaurant 3x a day for 8 days. Every single thing I had, including smoothies, juices, and desserts, were healthy, nutritious, and/or delicious, and the staff was super helpful, funny, and professional, and the lovely presentation of the food made me want to eat the plates too.
I did lots of yoga and surfing, so my appetite was always huge, and was never let down.
The front desk staff was very helpful in accommodations and in getting to and from places, especially booking excursions. We did group trips horseback riding, zip lining, snorkeling, and taking ATV's to a waterfall, and they were all organized for us by the staff.
Personally, I'm fascinated by the flora and fauna, and I'm not scared to see a snake slithering through, a creepy looking bug run around me, or a giant bat fly through the path. Being this exposed to nature, having the bungalows and villas be open to hear wind and rain and animals, is so wonderful to me. we kept our doors shut and it kept the bugs out. I slept like a baby since I was so active all day every day, and I woke up with the sun, which gave me some quiet time.
The grounds are maintained every morning, and the housekeeping comes in and cleans and mops every day. the floors were literally squeaky clean when I would return!
It was not cheap, but for me, it felt fancy and luxurious. I hope I can go back next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa