My husband and I were looking for somewhere special to stay on our honeymoon and Pranamar was nothing short of perfect. The hotel is made up of a series of villas and bungalows reached by walkways lined with lush plants and trees. Owners Susan and Greg are always around and their warmth definitely translates into their hotel. All this gives the feeling that you have become a resident of a small, picturesque village.
We booked an oceanfront bungalow and it was our own private slice of paradise. The room was spacious and beautifully designed. We had a super-comfy king sized bed, a sitting area, a bathroom with an outdoor shower and a large front porch with our own hammock and view of the ocean. The beach was literally 15 steps away.
The pool at Pranamar is SUBLIME. (See photo)
My husband and I both enjoyed the morning yoga class with Nancy in what must be one of the most beautiful and serene yoga spaces ever.
Aside from yoga, Pranamar also offers surf lessons. These can easily be booked, and take place right on their stretch of beach. Giro, my instructor, was fantastic. It's clear he really loves what he does. Giro was patient, gave great instruction, and was lots of fun. I was a total surfing newbie and he had me up on the board my first lesson.
All this yoga and surfing lead us to Pranamar's bodywork center. Wow. My husband and I each got a massage and both felt like it was the best one we had ever had.
The hotel restaurant, Buddha Eyes, was some of the best food we had in Costa Rica. Everything is very fresh and delicious. Several other reviewers mentioned the smoothies and juices, and I will also add that they are not to be missed. The staff at Buddha Eyes was fantastic: Carla, Alphonso, Ivania, Maria Jose were all super attentive and nice.
Before we even left we were trying to figure out when we could come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa