Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$109
$900
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$86
$68
$105
$85
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Priceline
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$137
Beach Break Surf Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$40
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$75
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$400
Orbitz.com
All reviewsyoga retreatocean frontcosta ricaour honeymoonhealthy foodheaven on earthzip liningpiece of heavenbeachfront bungalowopen airmagical placesmall groupcan't wait to go backcouples massagepura vidarainy seasonsan jose
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Pranamar as a part of the Vajra Sol Yoga/SUP Retreat for one week. From the minute we landed in Tambor to the day we left, everyone on the property made sure that we had everything that we needed to make our stay enjoyable. The restaurant staff, the front desk, the taxi drivers, the surf and yoga instructors all were top notch and accommodating. We had a bungalow that was more than enough space for 2 people. The front porch included lounge chairs, and a hammock for days that we wanted to spend time away from the beautiful pool and beach. Can't say enough about how quickly the staff responded and fixed any issue big or small. Highly recommend this resort for anyone looking for top notch service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fsk102
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hello My dear guests,
I was in Nicaragua visiting my son and his family while you were at Pranamar. And of course, when I'm away, I'm always hoping that things run smoothly and that our guests our happy. Its silly of me to worry, because I have the BESTbest staff in the world (hence, we call ourselves a family) and I know that no matter what, they take care of folks.
But, nothing warms my heart more than to hear first hand from our guests that their experience at Pranamar exceeded their expectations!
Thank you so much for this loving and detailed report! Thank you for noticing how much we do care and for taking the time to write about us!
Come back again, our arms are open!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Owners Susan adds to the spirit & Greg has done a breathtaking job landscaping. villa 1 right on beach is very special. staff are lovely and smiley. Long live the permosmile that is emblazoned on everyone's face here. yoga is first class (according to my better half who has been doing yoga -rather than twerking- for 25 years.) the pasta zucchini was delicious. One philistine didn't like it but then he most likely thinks zucchini is a composer and was probably missing his tomato ketchup.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Heavenly Guest,
This is Susan writing you. I loved your review, loved all your comments but particularly your friends description of zucchini as a food source!! haha
Thank you for taking the time to write..and thanks for sharing your experience at Pranamar. I honestly think that we do have some of the happiest people on the planet working at Pranamar. But remember, when the guests are smiling, it is so much easier to smile back, speaking of which, I hope we find you in our "home" again soon!
Love,
Susan

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We came as a small family - two dads and our 15 month year old baby, and immediately upon arrival we felt as though we were part of a special family. Susan, Greg and the staff took real care of us. Pranamar is intimate and beautifully designed - Susan with her joy and eye for detail, and Greg, the man with passion for flowers and the Pranamar garden. Nancy is a gifted yoga teacher who generously shares her experiences with all. This place is a jewel by the ocean....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Happy Happy Guest.
Greg, Nancy and I all thank you for your kind words and for your contagious enthusiasm! I'm thrilled you had such a good time...and nothing brightens up my day like a loving Pranamar review!
Stay in our lives, we love to see people return and speaking on behalf of allof us at Pranamar. One big kiss for you!
Love,
Susan, Owner

Reviewed January 9, 2014

PranaMar is a portal into blissful harmony. The sweet and smiling hospitality of the competent and caring staff is a refreshing relief from the chaos of downtown Santa Teresa. With the best location in all of Nicoya Peninsula - situated perfectly near Hermosa Beach and just a short drive or walk from downtown Santa Teresa, you will find a perfect blend of serenity and convenience. The gardens are beautifully maintained, the food and drinks are excellent and fairly priced. I absolutely LOVE it here. I never want to leave.

Even if you are not staying here, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the wonderful menu at the Buddha Eyes restaurant. Delicious fresh juice blends and cocktails are served up by the warm and friendly Estavo and Karla - my new favorite people in Santa Teresa! The food is healthy, fresh, organic and much of it is grown on site. I feel incredibly blessed to have discovered this GEM of a retreat, and I hope that it will find continued success for many years.

Thank you PranaMar!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
Just finished an amazing yoga class and was feeling blissed out...and then I saw your review on Trip Advisor! It was like the perfect ending to a day that is more than perfect! Thank you so much for your kind words, your detailed description and for recommending us to others even if they are staying in other hotels (You urged them to come eat and join our beautiful staff in our Buddah Eyes restaruant)
Thank you thank you! Kind words are worth more than gold to a hotel owner. I hope you will join us in future years, it would be such fun to share your energy again!
Happy New Year

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had the most amazing family vacation at Pranamar over the Christmas holiday this year. All the glowing reviews are true - I cannot say enough about this wonderful place. Here's the scoop:

1. the grounds are beautiful. It's a relatively small property with about 10 villas/bungalows total. Lush vegetation surrounds everything with quaint paths connecting rooms, restaurant, yoga studio and the beach.

2. the villas are spacious, clean and comfortable. We were in #5 right on the pool and near the restaurant. Bedrooms have plenty of space, decks, fans, a/c, screens, etc. downstairs bath has a large outdoor shower area. the living room has room to spreadout and a mini fridge.

3. the restaurant serves terrific food. breakfast is included and you order off the menu - better than a lot breakfast buffets. they are also very accommodating to special requests. One day we went fishing and brought back several large fish - they converted into ceviche for lunch and grilled fish for dinner with homemade tortilla chips. Divine.

4. the pool has two levels - very pretty, water a good temp and perfect for plunging to cool off - it's not a lap pool.

5. yoga is the BEST. 1 class a day is included, either the 9am or 5pm class. Nancy the instructor is a true yogi, with coaching, guidance, support and lots of love. She also offers private yoga classes - which we did once and was worth the money.

6. beach is perfect. Don't be put off by the rocks immediately in front of their beach - they create beautiful tide pools and 'baths' for cooling off and playing with kids. The real beach for surfing and real swimming is 5 mins away at Playa Hermosa.

7. we took surfing lessons and got massages - both were great.

8. the staff and owners were present and delightful but respected guests's need for privacy.

9. if you drive, the hotel is about 15 mins up the road once you turn onto the beach road in Playa Carman. The road is VERY bumpy in the last 5 mins.

10. in addition to the hotel, we ate at Koji for sushi (amazing and 5 min walk from hotel) and Shalamar at Tropico Latino (also amazing).

There is nothing I would change. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Villas 3,4,5 and 6 are right on the pool. Villas 1 and 2 are on the beach and larger.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PiazInCr
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Happy Happy Guest,
Wow! That was a WOW review and I wish I could send a thank you that really could portray how happy you have made us.
I know I repeat myself all the time , but thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and thank you for your support and trust in us.
What makes a hotel owner rejoice, is when we have happy guests! Hence, you have made my day!
Happy New Year and please come visit us again!
Warmly