We had the most amazing family vacation at Pranamar over the Christmas holiday this year. All the glowing reviews are true - I cannot say enough about this wonderful place. Here's the scoop:
1. the grounds are beautiful. It's a relatively small property with about 10 villas/bungalows total. Lush vegetation surrounds everything with quaint paths connecting rooms, restaurant, yoga studio and the beach.
2. the villas are spacious, clean and comfortable. We were in #5 right on the pool and near the restaurant. Bedrooms have plenty of space, decks, fans, a/c, screens, etc. downstairs bath has a large outdoor shower area. the living room has room to spreadout and a mini fridge.
3. the restaurant serves terrific food. breakfast is included and you order off the menu - better than a lot breakfast buffets. they are also very accommodating to special requests. One day we went fishing and brought back several large fish - they converted into ceviche for lunch and grilled fish for dinner with homemade tortilla chips. Divine.
4. the pool has two levels - very pretty, water a good temp and perfect for plunging to cool off - it's not a lap pool.
5. yoga is the BEST. 1 class a day is included, either the 9am or 5pm class. Nancy the instructor is a true yogi, with coaching, guidance, support and lots of love. She also offers private yoga classes - which we did once and was worth the money.
6. beach is perfect. Don't be put off by the rocks immediately in front of their beach - they create beautiful tide pools and 'baths' for cooling off and playing with kids. The real beach for surfing and real swimming is 5 mins away at Playa Hermosa.
7. we took surfing lessons and got massages - both were great.
8. the staff and owners were present and delightful but respected guests's need for privacy.
9. if you drive, the hotel is about 15 mins up the road once you turn onto the beach road in Playa Carman. The road is VERY bumpy in the last 5 mins.
10. in addition to the hotel, we ate at Koji for sushi (amazing and 5 min walk from hotel) and Shalamar at Tropico Latino (also amazing).
There is nothing I would change. Thank you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa