i just got back from a weeklong yoga/surf retreat at Pranamar and miss it so much already.
-the accomodations: so gorgeous. the landscaping is fantastic, loved seeing all the fruit plants and flowers. my friend and i chose the cheaper option of sharing a poolside villa and i was shocked when i discovered we each had our own floor in that beautiful villa, can't even imagine how amazing the more expensive options are. the layout was great; i loved the outdoor shower and door that led straight to the pool. at first i was a little put off by the bugs (since i was coming from my glass box of an apt in NY), but embraced that it came with being in nature and having these outdoorsy accommodations; it was totally neat seeing them do their thing, never bothered us at all. the most ginormous butterfly hung out with us for a few days. lived in and loved my Pranamar-provided sarong.
-the beach: so nice to look up/out and see the water right there and very convenient to have surfing lessons a short walk away. wonderful to have all those hammocks right on the beach for afternoon naps. and my favorite thing, that tide pool to the left of the property's beach, HEAVENLY. saw so many tropical fish in it, beautiful.
-the restaurant: delicious and fresh, we were all always looking forward to our next meal and excited about the food (love the amuse bouches at dinner)! normally when i travel, i get sick of going out to eat b/c it's always so unhealthy, but i felt so good about everything i ate here. love that there were different specials every day. ADORED the fresh fish and gorgeous plating. smoothies and nonalcoholic drinks were amazing, i wanted to drink them all day every day. portion sizes were VERY generous. as for dessert, there was something different about their ice cream i couldn't put my finger on, but it was delicious. that flourless chocolate cake and banana toffee pie and keylime passionfruit pie with the coconut crust...oh boy, maybe it was better i left before i came home with cavities and diabetes.
-the staff: i've never loved a staff somewhere as much as i've loved everyone at Pranamar. front desk was always pleasant and helpful. i wanted to be friends with all the waitstaff, we were always greeted with a smile and loved chatting with them (ismael, alvaro, ana, klara, EVERYONE). got a massage from Gaia and it was perfect. even the people we met through the staff like our driver Jose and our hiking guide Miguel were such lovely people. and i can't forget the pups, Pinky and Dorita, you were adorable and so well-behaved!
well, this was a lengthy review and made me sad i'm not there anymore. overall, everything was wonderful and perfect, and i can't wait to come back again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa