My wife and I were married at Pranamar in January. Pranamar hosted the event as well as the majority of our guests. Our stay was lovely. The food, the grounds, the rooms, the staff, and the setting were all wonderful. I'll try and get into particulars to avoid just gushing but if you read no further, understand that my wife and I are fans, will and have recommended it to others and will absolutely return.
The restaurant on the grounds is excellent. My wife and I enjoy healthy food but are not so devout that we want it taste like yard clippings. The food is both delicious and good for you. There is an array of juices and smoothies that I will be thinking fondly of until I return. The kitchen staff including Ana, Carla and Kenneth did everything they could to make our dining experience a treat.
The grounds and the villas really set the mood. The villas were exactly what I was hoping for being extremely nice but not at the cost of making you feel completely divorced from the natural beauty. And there is a great deal of natural beauty. Yes, Pranamar sits on a beautiful beach but the gardens and the pool complement that setting very well.
I had my first surfing experience while at Pranamar. There is an excellent spot for learning to surf just a short walk up the beach from Pranamar. The surf instruction we got was incredible. All of the guys were helpful, patient, knowledgeable and did I mention patient? The head instructor, Ishmael, is an incredible guy to guide you in your first foray into the waves or even if you just want to get a couple pointers to improve your already capable surfing.
As I mentioned, my wife and I were married at Pranamar and Larissa, Pranamar's event coordinator, made a very special event for us unforgettable. We gave her rough parameters and it felt like she really treated it as if it were her own event. The local flowers that just appeared were perfect. The food for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception, all done by the restaurant, was lovely. The scene on the beach all produced by Larissa and her staff couldn't have been lovelier. I certainly wouldn't call us high maintenance people but we gave Larissa a great deal of discretion and there wasn't a single thing we were disappointed with. We were truly blown away with how everything turned out. Our guests had a wonderful time and we will cherish the memories. We <3 Larissa and Pranamar.
I can truly say that Pranamar spoiled us for other places. No, I'm serious. We left Pranamar and Costa Rica after our wedding to head off on our honeymoon. I won't name names but we went to a location I've heard many people speak highly of for some scuba diving and other nature activities. From we walked into the hotel my wife and I could feel we didn't have the same connection with this place. We tried to give it a chance and attempted to defer judgement but we only lasted 2 nights before we literally fled the hotel at a run. Additional complicating factors were that it was unseasonably cold and rainy at that time and if that were the only problem, we'd have toughed it out but for our honeymoon, we really just wanted to be happy. We dashed off a last minute email to Larissa while at the airport to let her know we were on our way back and any accomodations they had available would be very much appreciated. After a little mild panic on her part, they were able to set something up for us to enjoy the remainder of our honeymoon.
I'm looking forward to our next visit. Thanks to others I didn't get to work into this narative including Dago at the front desk, Gonzalo and Stig on surfing, Nancy the yoga instructor as well as the creator of all of the desserts for our wedding with Susan, the owner of the hotel, and Greg who seemed to be constantly tending to the lovely gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa