I was so excited to stay at the Pranamar hotel in Santa Teresa, it looked beautiful and they seemed to say all the right things to entice us to book a week at the hotel. The problems started immediately upon checking in. I was promised a villa that we had seen the week before in person but was led to a bungalow less than half the size of the villa. When I asked what happened to the Villa I was promised they made a bunch of excuses of how I had misunderstood. I said I didn't book this online I came in person and booked the bungalow. They still wanted to charge me the villa price. Then the waiter Alvaro, got hostile when i pleaded with him that my son had a life threatening food allergy and to please talk to the chef about making sure his food was dairy free. Well, he didn't and we were rushing to a local clinic to treat my son at 8 pm. Then the next day Alvaro had a major attitude about the night before and not one person from the hotel or the restaurant ever apologized to me about the incident. Then if that all is not enough, look out for all the hidden charges and the overcharges for everything!!! I mean everything. Even if you ask what the price for something is there still will be a hidden charge. I say avoid this place like the plague and stay somewhere else where they treat you nice and won't rob you. PLUS, a big plus the food is awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Rica’s Premier Ocean Front HotelPranamar Ocean Front Villas and Yoga Retreat, an intimate, consciously designed oceanfront hotel recently built on the spectacular beach of Playa Santa Teresa, offers guests tropical beauty and nature in an exotic and friendly ambience. Along with world-class surfing and our top-quality Yoga classes, numerous activities and adventures await you.Immerse yourself in the beauty and ease into nature’s rhythm as Pranamar’s experienced and caring staff take care of all the details, making sure your vacation is perfect.Our hotel offers a variety of accommodations to fit your needs and desires: our luxurious two-storey villas built around a free-form saltwater pool have private lounging areas, tropical gardens and boast spectacular views, while the ecologically-constructed bungalows offer tropical simplicity with sea breezes, spacious decks and views of the ocean.Pranamar’s beautifully designed open-air restaurant and tea lounge specializes in healthy, delicious cuisine using organic fruits and vegetables, local fresh fish, seafood and organic meats.We invite you to step into the rhythm of nature, breath in the energy of the sea and discover... PRANAMAR!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Pranamar Villas And Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa