“perfect spot perfect view”
Review of Surf Vista Villas

Surf Vista Villas
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed in the Surf Vista villas for 2 weeks in September, we loved the view, and the place was superspacious, clean and we absolutely loved staying there. Andy has created a true gem there, if you are surfer or not , you will never forget the sunsets there. Juanco, Juan and Andy are very helpful and can supply you with tips, trips, surfboards and fresh Papyas :) @ location: Its a 10 minute walk down the hill to get to the beach, and a 15-20 minute walk uphill - if you are not fit you need an ATV or rental car.

Room Tip: I would settle for one of the upper apt. the view is just a bit better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Surf Vista Villas might be a little bit of a hike to get to if you're walking, but the destination is definately worth it. The ocean and jungle views are incredible! We got to see some monkey families up close and personal off the back and side of the deck. There's a great cross breeze to help cool you down in the middle of the hot days. The room itself was enormous, with more than enough room for us (and more!). You have everything you need to stay in and eat. The beaches are very close by, just a short drive to my favorite - Hermosa!

Room Tip: Top floor has the best views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012

What a trip!!! I stayed at santa teresa surf vista villas for a couple of weeks and the service, layout of the hotel, were all money well spent. Early morning and sunset surf sessions followed by endless exploring on the peninsula via ATV or dirt bike was just what I was looking for and SVV came through with all the info to make an memorable trip. Oh and all you can drink coconut fridge in the back is just what you need after playing in the playa down below! Come for a visit, its WORTH it!!!!!!!

MIKE - Meyers, Ca

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

A few of my friends and I stayed here for a week in July and had a great time. We had 3 out of the 4 Villas. When we first arrived we couldnt believe how nice everything was , even better than the pictures you see online. It really is a private getaway in the middle of the jungle. The staff was really friendly and ready to help you out with anything at pretty much anytime and the place is spotless clean. We all really enjoyed our trip and agreed we would all come back. The only negatives I can think of is the drive there. It was was an adventure itself to get to our place ( few hours on the freeway , ferry ride and unpaved rocky roads closer to Santa teresa ) 4x4 is a MUST. Once we reached our destination we realized it was all worth it. A great place to visit in Costa Rica if you dont want to be around the rest of the tourists. If you surf ( which none of us do ) , this place is even better but if you dont no worries. You will still have a blast. This place was one of the top places to stay in Santa Teresa and highly recommended by me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

An absolutely incredible view of the ocean and surrounding rain forest. Andy is a great guy and the concierge, Juan, is flat out awesome. He will hook you up with everything you need for the best price. Great people--Great place. Going Back ASAP.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richie A
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here a full week in April 2012. The villa is clean, airy, and the views are tremendous. Andy and Juan are helpful and available when you need them, but are not constantly checking on you. The kitchenette is well-equipped and nice to have the full size fridge. Awesome location away from the dust and traffic down below on the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed for a week in this beautiful property. It was our first time to Costa Rica and as one can imagine, I had a million questions. Andy was absolutely gracious and very informative. We stayed in the upper left villa - It was perfect. Nothing is perfect you say, well this was. It was a studio set up - all one big open room with 3 beds. We obviously didn't need three beds, but it was lovely. The other reviewers are totally right about a few main things. I am not a person who typically enjoys strangers or meeting new people on vacation. But everyone from the owner to the guests were just fantastic and I truly found myself happy to visit with them in the morning or evening. At these villas you can be as private or social as you want. I wasn't sure about the setup, but I will absolutely go back. We love to try new things, but I will try to book with Andy first before I go anywhere else. We only stayed 5 days and it really wasn't enough. Beds are so comfortable. Great showers. Very Clean. Kitchen had everything we needed. Outdoor kitchen with grill. We were set if we wanted to cook. We had breakfast on the balcony every morning and once after a long day, we grilled and stayed in.

Okay, as far as questions and logistics...here's what I can help with.
The location...Hill...beach...driveway....how far walk/drive?
......here's the deal.

The property is up on a hillside and the views are amazing. The breezes are amazing and the noise control is amazing. It is across the street from the beach. I don't typically do "across the street from the beach" but for this property and costa rica in general...it works. You don't see the street from your balcony. You just see lovely green and the ocean. Car? walk? ATV?

okay, it's really simple... If you're old enough and you can afford it, get a rental car. It is less than 5 minutes to the beach. you drive down andy's driveway onto the main road for less than a minute and you turn a quick right and there is a drive that you park on and that's it... there's the beach. if you're not old enough or you can't afford it, then you can absolutely walk down the driveway and it's not that bad - we did it once, but we just didn't need to. and usually after our beach outing, we would head down the street into town for lunch and drinks. If you can score an ATV then that works too, but I will get a car if I go again, it was not a waste, we used it everyday and I'm not much for "getting in the car and going" if you don't have to. Santa Teresa is bumpy, rocky dirt roads which is great and fun, but it was better in a car. Plenty of people walk and use ATVs...you can't go wrong.

I have no reservations recommending this vacation rental. Andy was gracious and the property left not one thing to be desired for us. Our vacation was wonderful and I will absolutely go back. On top of all of the good things, it was extremely affordable. I was completely satisfied with my stay and I hope I can go back when Andy has some vacancy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple