Santa Teresa Surf Vista Villas
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$146
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$68
Orbitz.com
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$110
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
Priceline
$295
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
Travelocity
All reviewsthe penthousereef suitecosta ricaevery morninglarge roomafternoon siestafabulous hostsoutdoor kitchenroca marrent an atvsurrounded by lushdirt bikeprivate villacleaning servicerental cardining tablepunta arenas
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here a full week in April 2012. The villa is clean, airy, and the views are tremendous. Andy and Juan are helpful and available when you need them, but are not constantly checking on you. The kitchenette is well-equipped and nice to have the full size fridge. Awesome location away from the dust and traffic down below on the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed for a week in this beautiful property. It was our first time to Costa Rica and as one can imagine, I had a million questions. Andy was absolutely gracious and very informative. We stayed in the upper left villa - It was perfect. Nothing is perfect you say, well this was. It was a studio set up - all one big open room with 3 beds. We obviously didn't need three beds, but it was lovely. The other reviewers are totally right about a few main things. I am not a person who typically enjoys strangers or meeting new people on vacation. But everyone from the owner to the guests were just fantastic and I truly found myself happy to visit with them in the morning or evening. At these villas you can be as private or social as you want. I wasn't sure about the setup, but I will absolutely go back. We love to try new things, but I will try to book with Andy first before I go anywhere else. We only stayed 5 days and it really wasn't enough. Beds are so comfortable. Great showers. Very Clean. Kitchen had everything we needed. Outdoor kitchen with grill. We were set if we wanted to cook. We had breakfast on the balcony every morning and once after a long day, we grilled and stayed in.

Okay, as far as questions and logistics...here's what I can help with.
The location...Hill...beach...driveway....how far walk/drive?
......here's the deal.

The property is up on a hillside and the views are amazing. The breezes are amazing and the noise control is amazing. It is across the street from the beach. I don't typically do "across the street from the beach" but for this property and costa rica in general...it works. You don't see the street from your balcony. You just see lovely green and the ocean. Car? walk? ATV?

okay, it's really simple... If you're old enough and you can afford it, get a rental car. It is less than 5 minutes to the beach. you drive down andy's driveway onto the main road for less than a minute and you turn a quick right and there is a drive that you park on and that's it... there's the beach. if you're not old enough or you can't afford it, then you can absolutely walk down the driveway and it's not that bad - we did it once, but we just didn't need to. and usually after our beach outing, we would head down the street into town for lunch and drinks. If you can score an ATV then that works too, but I will get a car if I go again, it was not a waste, we used it everyday and I'm not much for "getting in the car and going" if you don't have to. Santa Teresa is bumpy, rocky dirt roads which is great and fun, but it was better in a car. Plenty of people walk and use ATVs...you can't go wrong.

I have no reservations recommending this vacation rental. Andy was gracious and the property left not one thing to be desired for us. Our vacation was wonderful and I will absolutely go back. On top of all of the good things, it was extremely affordable. I was completely satisfied with my stay and I hope I can go back when Andy has some vacancy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Santa Teresa is one of my favorite places on the planet. I've been to twice, and will definitely go again. There are many places to stay in Santa Teresa, but without doubt, one of the best is Surf Vista Villas. Perched atop a lush hill overlooking the ocean, Surf Vista is where you want to be in Santa Teresa if you're looking for a clean, quite and safe place to stay. There are four units, each one a little different from the next. I was there for almost three weeks and stayed in two of the apartments, one upstairs, one down. I loved both. Each unit has a kitchen, living room area, bathroom and amazing views. Everything there is very well maintained and very clean. The staff are lovely and very helpful - really great people. You will need a car or ATV if you're staying at Surf Vista, because it's up quite a steep hill, but it's well worth it. I loved Surf Vista Villas. It's a fantastic a place. Do yourself a favor and book here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Surf Vista Villas are worth every penny spent. They are large, clean, secluded -- your practically living amongst nature. The view is more than spectacular and if you plan on surfing (like my friends and I were), you can check out the waves from your front porch. Juan and Andy answered any question we had, gave us tips on good surf spots and hooked us up with any equipment needed for the trip.

When I was planning our trip to Santa Teresa, I chose to stay here because of the reviews I read. Now I can say I'm one of those satisfied people.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This property is beautiful and well maintained. Juan and Andy are so warm and welcoming it is like home away from home. The only slightly negative thing I can say is that the hill you must walk up and down to get to the beach and town is rather daunting at first. But, if you look at it as an opportunity to firm the butt it makes it a little easier. I really loved this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends