TripAdvisor
Santa Teresa
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Ceviche I ever had. And I'm an annoying Boston seafood snob.”
Review of La Cevicheria

La Cevicheria
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Description: La Cevicheria brings you the freshest seafood and innovative menu ideas from all over Latin America. Ceviche is goo any time of day and we have re invented a few of them, so come and check us out. We offer quick, easy and delicious food for take away, dine in or delivery, so no matter what you are looking for we got you covered.
Reviewed August 6, 2019

The owner of this restaurant runs a fishing charter and all the fish is fresh and locally caught. He took the time to tell us his story and his passion for giving a quality, fresh ceviche was obvious. I took one look at the cleanliness of the restaurant, listened to his story, and I was sold. Then I tasted it. Made custom to my liking, it was by far the best ceviche I ever had. And I'm from Boston, a world capital of seafood so I wanted to find things wrong with it...I simply couldn't. Go here. I will travel to Santa Teresa just to eat here multiple times again.

Date of visit: August 2019
aaronatkey, Owner at La Cevicheria, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Man, it was so fun watching you take your first bite of that ceviche and chatting with you guys about thing while you were here. Can't wait for you to come back after we have finished our remodel and completed the rest of our planned menu. Pura Vida my friend!

Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed August 5, 2019

This place is excellent. The chef is extremely friendly and can talk to you about everything they offer, and can even tailor the level of spice to your desire. The Mexican style ceviche with the shrimp and octopus was seriously the best I’ve had. Also, their beers may be the coldest in Costa Rica. Highly suggest visiting.

Date of visit: August 2019
aaronatkey, Owner at La Cevicheria, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2019

Hey, thanks for your kind words! I told you we had cold beer!!!! That Mexican style ceviche is probably my favorite right now. It was really cool talking to you and watching you eat the stuff we made you. Hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

A delicious traditional Costa Rican dish with a couple of twists that made it just right. Great service and you can tell the chef is an expert on the local seafood. Will try to come again in the future.

Date of visit: August 2019
aaronatkey, Owner at La Cevicheria, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Thanks for coming in today. It was a pleasure to talk with you guys during your time here with us. Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

Fresh fish, amazing patacones, cold beers and great environment. In my opinion the best ceviche in Santa Teresa!

Date of visit: August 2019

Thank you for trying what we had to offer, it is always nice to meet cool people. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

We found it because of the great reviews, and La Cevicheria lived up to them and more! The ceviche and the service were excellent. We tried 2 of the 3 ceviche flavors ( Mexican and tropical). I can’t decide what was better, the ceviche or the freshly made patacones! The vibe and reggae music was great also! We’ve only got a couple days left in Santa Teresa but likely to return for the Peruvian ceviche or the Tuna Poke!

Date of visit: August 2019

Thank you for stopping by! Super fun chatting with you!