“Gourmet food, great drinking, best service!”
Review of Manzu Restaurant

Manzu Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Description: Beachfront Restaurant with casual dining featuring Costa Rican favorites and elaborate cuisine inspired on local ingredients and traditional recipes. Cocktails designed by New York famed mixologist from the Mulberry Project.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had the grilled tuna with risotto and could have it a thousand more times! Manzú is a cozy, yet luxurious restaurant with direct beach access to a beautiful beach! 100% recommended!

Date of visit: August 2019
Jose Maria F, General Manager at Manzu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear M9623WRjavierm,

Thank you very much for your kind words and recommending us. I look forward to welcome you again soon.

Jose Fernandez

Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Nantipa yesterday while our yearly family trip to Santa Teresa. Definitely by far the best place in the surroundings! Great food beachfront, awesome sunset on a Au de Vie Gin&Tonic, service was pretty good...
Pool & overall design 100%

Dear MasmeloCR,

Thank you very much for such a positive review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at Manzú. I look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

Not only was this the most beautiful sunset we’ve seen in all of Costa Rica, but this restaurant is the place to go. Every detail was amazing. It is set in what I believe to be an hotel with a beautiful, zen an well designed fancy decor. Food presentation, food quality (I recommend the tagliatelle with langoustine which were insane), ambiance, decor, and most importantly service. Our waiters Luis and Alan were caring, thoughtful, polite, quick and knowledgeable. Their recommendations were amazing. Working in service and restauration myself I can honestly say Luis gave us a five star service. The drinks were also incredible and I recommend going from 4-6 to take advantage of their two for one drink special as well as see the sunset. I am very picky and rarely give five star reviews or take the time to write a review, but this restaurant deserves it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Quest65876279893, F&B Manager at Manzu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Camille5

Thank you very much for such a detailed review. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our dishes, drinks and location. We will be welcoming you again soon

Samantha Marín

Reviewed August 4, 2019

This weekend was my second time at Nantipa Hotel with my husband and kids and the food at Manzu was AMAZING!
Breakfast was included in our fare, we could choose any option we wanted. I had the fruit salad with yogurt and granola. The fruit was so fresh and it was a big bowl with yogurt in the bottom and granola with raisins on top. Great way to start my day with a big cup of Coffee. My husband and kids ordered the Tico Breakfast which was Gallo Pinto (rice and beans), eggs any style, plantain, fried fresh cheese and tortillas. They ordered the same breakfast all 3 days because it was soooo good! My youngest had the waffles with whipped cream, he ate all of them! For lunch and dinner there were so many options it was hard to choose, but we had among other things Fish Ceviche with Passion Fruit, Fresh Heart of Palm Salad with Dijon, Organic Salad, Quinoa and Brocoli Salad, Fish Tacos and Grilled Cheese Sandwich. For dessert we had Flan de Coco and Chocolate Mousse. All of the ingredients very fresh and great combination of flavors!
We will definitely be back as many times as we can!

Date of visit: August 2019
Quest65876279893, F&B Manager at Manzu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Dear Ariblu

Thank you very much for such a detailed review. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our dishes and location. We will be welcoming you again soon

Samantha Marín

Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

We really liked the place at the beach but we were surprised, that the drinks (Cocktails) were served in plastic glasses. The drinks were ok but even if the restaurant wasn‘t full it took to long!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank 373thessal
nantipagm, General Manager at Manzu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dear 373thessal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Regarding serving cocktails in plastic glasses, we do use them for the beach area and the pool area for safety reasons since using glass would represent a safety hazard. In the restaurant area they should always be served in glass and I will certainly comment that with my team to reinforce this. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding the time it took to prepare the drinks. I really look forward to welcome you again to be able to offer you a flawless experience.