“Expected better”
Review of Brisas del Mar

Brisas del Mar
Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Brisas del Mar is rated as one of the finest restaurants of all Santa Teresa and Mal Pais. Cosy and friendly atmosphere await for you with amazing international dishes that can only be outraged by the incredible ocean view... Open to the general public with ever-changing menu using the freshest local ingredients. The best Cockteleria withe the best ocean view under a sky full of stars... we welcome Large groups, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions!! Open for Breakfast/ Dinner, Reservation.
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We reserved a table for 4 on the balcony a few days in advance. On our arrival a large party of 2 dozen dominated the balcony & we had no table. We stood around for a while until eventually they lifted a table over the big party and placed it on the balcony. Not an ideal start...
Fishcake starter was yummy, whole snapper sadly died in vain: Was disappointing - soft & creamy rather than crisp. (Much Better in Manzanillo at authentic restaurant by the beach) Mahi mahi korma was interesting, inventive way of cooking this poor fish which must be endangered by now the amount we have consumed here over the last month. All in all expected more but here til end march so will try them again and hope it's nobody's birthday party the next time.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner and sunset with friends. The curry mahi and margaritas were excellent! Suggested to all of the other guests.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Brisas used to be our go to spot, even before it was Brisas. Over the past few years things have gone slightly down hill. My wife does not eat seafood which is ok because normally they have a steak, chicken, or pork option. last year we went 5 times or more in our 3 month stay. I must say they should do away with the chalkboard as the menu does not change. occasionally the fish will be prepared how the chicken was the week before or the steak will be prepared like the fish etc. They have about 7 different things that rarely change even the slightest bit. Last year I had the worst pork chop of my entire life. 100% un edible.. Now we are back for another extended stay and Brisas was our first meal out.. They only had 1 non seafood dish and they were out of it at the time... The passionfruit belini that we used to get has now become a smoothie with little to no alcohol in it. We were asked to move our table 2 times. (and when i say move we literally had to stop eating and pick up our table and carry it out of the way so they could arrange another table). Also we noticed that some guests received a complimentary appetizer that consisted of bobbaganoush and other dips, which looked good but we did not receive. We may try brisas one last time before we go and hope things are better. The prices have all sky rocketed though.

pipsqk1009, Owner at Brisas del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Schrammryan,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. As always we value all contributions knowing that they serve as a platform to better serve our customers. I am sorry that you feel that we have not lived up to our reputation. We are committed to providing an excellent environment for our guests and can completely sympathize with your displeasure. I do however feel that I must address the price comment because our prices have not changed for quite some time and we have always prided ourselves on giving great value. You cannot judge our pricing by the former restaurant that occupied this space because they are two very different things. That being said, I would like to invite you and your wife back to dinner on us of course in order to make it up to you and allow us a chance to prove why we have been a top ranked restaurant for so long. Please contact me at 2640-0941 my name is Barb and I would be happy to have a chance to rectify our mistake.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I ate here one of the 3 nights in Santa Teresa. There are many places to choose from in this town but this is one of the upper class ones. It rests on a balcony on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the menu is very well made. The food is very fresh and the tartar that we had was perfect along with my wifes steak in mushroom sauce. It was so good that my wife (a montreal native) and the quebec couple next to us was raving about it and that is saying something. The staff was very helpful in choosing from all of the options on the menu as everything sounded amazing. The walk up the hill to get there is a nice workout too haha. Make sure to get a reservation early.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Wonderful location on top of a hill catching as the name implies the sea breezes. John is a perfect host and the food is truly excellent. Great place to watch the sunset from the open balcony. Despite a really acute drive to get to the restaurant it is well worth the effort and a very popular venue.