“By far the best food of our trip.”
Review of Brisas del Mar

Brisas del Mar
Ranked #16 of 91 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: French, Seafood, International, Central American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Our restaurant Brisas del Mar is rated as one of the finest restaurants of all Santa Teresa and Mal Pais. Cosy and friendly atmosphere await for you with amazing international dishes that can only be outraged by the incredible ocean view... Open to the general public with ever-changing menu using the freshest local ingredients. The best Cockteleria withe the best ocean view under a sky full of stars... we welcome Large groups, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions!! Open for Breakfast/ Dinner, Reservation.
Laguna Hills, California
“By far the best food of our trip.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

High on the hillside overlooking Playa Carmen. Hands down one of the best sunset views in town. Bohemian chic atmosphere. Recommended me by several of the locals, including Javi who runs the Buenos Aires Hotel on the hillside above. Plan to pay a little more here then you might elsewhere in town. Your palate will be rewarded with fresh ingredients, a great menu, and signature drinks. Try the mixed seafood grill and/or the mahi mahi curry. By far the best food of our trip. Large portions. My girlfriend and I shared an entrée & appetizer the second night and were more then sated.

Visited December 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great drinks, great food, great view.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

you are guaranteed a good night if you follow these simple instructions - go at sunset. order the electric lemonade and the mixed grill. you won't regret it.

ps: make reservations. it's also up a huge hill so you may want to consider that in making any footwear decisions.

• Visited August 2013
“Great view”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Delicious food with a wonderful view over the bay. We had the seafood grill and the pasta, both of which were very tasty and reasonably priced.

Barrie, Canada
“Go for the view….and the margaritas”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

One of the best spots around if you're going to catch a beautiful sunset. Make sure to make reservations, and specify a spot on the deck, lest you get a table under the pavilion, away from the breathtaking sunset views.
Margaritas were awesome, but expensive. [you're on vacation!-pay for the jug…you'll be happy] The meals were a good size and well prepared…also a little costly.

You go here for the view…no doubt about it. if you don't want to pay the entrée prices, go for drinks and an appetizer at 5, then head out for dinner somewhere else later in the evening.

New York City, New York
“Too expensive for what it is and one jacked up tourist prices”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

One fish dish, nothing exceptional, decent starter, $20 penne aka vodka and $12 mojitos which are $8 if you're local. These guys are making a hearty margin. I know this as a local American waitress let the beans slip when I told her I thought the mojitos we too expensive. She referred to them as small jugs and said at $8 they weren't too bad. Lovely ocean view but you deserve so much more for that kind of cash. Uber pretentious 'gone native' expat only staff, no local front of house and a walk back to the bar for a refill of that elusive $12 mojito.

• Visited November 2013
pipsqk1009, Owner at Brisas del Mar, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear sir,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your evening at our restaurant. I happened to be your waitress that evening and remember serving you. I apologize if I seemed pretentious, I was merely being friendly. As the owner I am very proud of our place and perhaps I was too exuberant. I do however remember you enjoying your meal very much. We discussed your pasta at length. Just to clarify the price of that pasta was $14.50. As for the drinks you did pay $8.00 per pitcher, you and your sister had I believe 6 between you. That would surely drive up the price of your bill. As for the local discount yes, there is one. The people in our small community do not earn the same money as you would in the "real world" and given their support I think a discount is a small way of saying thank you to them. Please believe that we take all comments very seriously and always see them as opportunities to do better next time. So thank you very much for your feedback. I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Santa Teresa and had a good time otherwise.
All the best,