“Our favourite restaurant in Santa Teresa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisas del Mar

Brisas del Mar
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: French, Seafood, International, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Our restaurant Brisas del Mar is rated as one of the finest restaurants of all Santa Teresa and Mal Pais. Cosy and friendly atmosphere await for you with amazing international dishes that can only be outraged by the incredible ocean view... Open to the general public with ever-changing menu using the freshest local ingredients. The best Cockteleria withe the best ocean view under a sky full of stars... we welcome Large groups, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions!! Open for Breakfast/ Dinner, Reservation.
Vancouver
“Our favourite restaurant in Santa Teresa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have been to Brisas 3x for dinner. The food is always great and the drinks are fabulous. I find the service fast compared to most places in the area. You cant beat the atmostphere, vibe and view. They are also very accomodating to adjusting the menu for kids. I love this place!! I disagree with the last reviewer about the chalkboard menu. That is what is fun and different about going out out to eat in Mal Pais/Santa Teresa. We didn't have a problem getting up out of our seats to see the menu.

Calgary
“Why I haven't come sooner is beyond me! Spectaular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've been to Costa Rica 13 times and have heard numerous times about how amazing Brisas is/was but for whatever reason never got there. This year I was lucky enough to go there and experience with friends visiting from Canada and my BFF's that are fortunate enough to live here and dine here at anytime. I reall,y can't put into words how incredible the view and food was - you truly have to go for yourself!

Overall you must go for sunset - its is an endless sky and the sea is pristine. You add an amazing menu of fresh food with more than generous portions, refreshing drinks and time with friends is priceless! Go an order everything on the menu but save room for Barb's amazing desserts! There is a reason why all my clothes are so tight....but totally worth it!

Can't wait to till my next trip and will most definitely be coming more than once!

• Visited January 2012
Dallas, Texas
“So so food, great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

When we saw this was the best rated restaurant in Santa Teresa we knew we would be in for a treat. We were wrong. From the start when we were served a chilled cab. sav. wine I wondered if it would get better. It did not. The menus are on chalk boards that are taken from table to table which is fine if it is light but in the evening they are very hard to read. The tuna I had was OK but not great and the other dishes were not much better. Service was good and the outdoor atmosphere was very nice. Marys Place in Mal Pais had much better food.

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great views, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was a great dining experience. Brisas del Mar has great views and great food. Although it was tough to get a reservation during the holidays, it was so worth it. The drinks were refreshing, the fish was great and dessert was delicious. Plus, it is usually a good sign when you see locals eating at the same restaurant.

Columbia, South Carolina
“View+Food=Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

This restaurant is #1 on TA for a reason. Perched on a hill above town, the view at sunset is spectacular and is only matched by the quality of the food. The menu changes every night, but everything we had was terrific. I'd recommend taking a taxi, as it is straight up the hill from the main road.

Visited December 2011