“20+ Meals Consumed and Never Disappointed”
Review of Brisas del Mar

Brisas del Mar
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Brisas del Mar is rated as one of the finest restaurants of all Santa Teresa and Mal Pais. Cosy and friendly atmosphere await for you with amazing international dishes that can only be outraged by the incredible ocean view... Open to the general public with ever-changing menu using the freshest local ingredients. The best Cockteleria withe the best ocean view under a sky full of stars... we welcome Large groups, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions!! Open for Breakfast/ Dinner, Reservation.
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family and I have been visiting Sta Teresa/Mal Pais for several years, and first went to Brisas when it was still on the main road in a tiny shack. Even back then, the food (if not the ambiance) was so wonderfully and thoughtfully executed that we returned a few days later despite being an avid chef and loving to cook for myself (especially in CR where the available fresh fish is unparalleled). Now that it has moved up onto the hillside, the package is complete. You will not get a better view from any publicly accessible spot, and you will be able to feast like nowhere else in the area. The food is very straightforward, and this is its greatest virtue. The tenderloin is among the best cuts of meat I've had the pleasure to eat, and the inventive sauces for the fish display a deft hand with the seasoning and balance of ingredients. If anything is offered in the tomato- and coconut milk-based Brazilian sauce, do not hesitate to order it, unless you're craving steak, in which case see above!!!! The price is right, the drinks are fresh and delicious, and the staff unfailingly groovy, chill, and attentive. My mouth waters as I type from the oppressive heat back home . . .

1  Thank SkipMcCoy

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I were traveling on our honeymoon and spent a few nights in Santa Teresa. We went to Brisas for dinner one evening with another couple we met for drinks, which turned into dinner. The view of the sunset was amazingly beautiful, even though it was a little cloudy. The trip up the hill was an adventure in itself! The road was SO STEEP and the road was pitted out, and in our 4-wheel drive stick shift SUV I just had to close my eyes, hold tight to the handle, and trust my husband! I swear we almost flipped about 3 times...probably not but I was ready for a beverage when we arrived! The food was good and fresh, but the atmosphere made it better. It wasn't the best meal of our trip but we had no complaints!

1  Thank EBV0424
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This amazing restaurant near the top of the hill is a must to visit. Try to be there for a sunset, and be sure to bring your camera. The menu is varied, but we really enjoy the fresh seafood. The quality and presentation is superb. Can't say enough. If only they would deliver to Vancouver! Parking is limited so be sure to go early. The owners are the perfect hosts. We have eaten here several times while visiting our daughter who lives in the area.

1  Thank travelling6007
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Romantic environment, Restaurant overlooks the tree tops and ocean.
the menu is fresh every day. written in chalk for proof.
I had a mint lemonade very refreshing and the seabass. The food was top notch. Definitely go great for a special night out with spouse or special friends.

1  Thank Dlitak
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is by far the best restaurant in Santa Teresa - great drinks and the best and most fresh seafood we had during our stay. Also, definitely visit this spot during sunset for an amazing view of the ocean!

2  Thank cah234