“Great Place!!”

Ranked #16 of 26 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, MN
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a great experience at Griss Lodge! I spent 18 days solo at Griss and I loved it. Selma, Gabri, Simona and Ricci were warm and hospitable. They were always eager to help with anything I needed. I stayed in house 1. It was very much an open-air villa. There is A/C in the bedroom, but one should know that it really is only cool in the bedroom. I am partial to A/C in Costa Rica, and initially I thought this may be a problem for my Nordic blood, but I loved that I could open the windows and doors and really get the Costa Rican experience. The a/c was great for sleeping. The villa was very clean, and there were no bugs at all, which amazed me with such and open-air situation.
The location was perfect for me. As a woman traveling alone, and without a car, I felt safe here. It was great for walking to many of my favorite locations in town, and they are located off of the best beach, in my opinion, in Santa Teresa.
This was my 3rd trip to Santa Teresa, and my first time at Griss. It is my new favorite.
I will return!
Thanks!
Angela H.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've been to Santa Teresa 5 times now or (quinto vez as they kept trying to teach me) I practice my spanish whenever I go there.. This is my favorite place by far. Loved everything about it. As you can see from the pictures its absolutley beautiful! Here are some bonuses we didn't expext, The public bus from Cobana dropped us off right in front of the place. Since I had a map of Santa teresa I could show the bus driver right were I needed to go. The day we left we picked up the Direct Bus to San Jose from nearby the lodge. They had free bikes that we could borrow. We never once needed a taxi. There are 2 grocery stores nearby. We loved the pets, kinda of felt like they belonged to us by the end of the trip. Since this place is small we got to know the other guests. Nice sandy beach with awesome waves. Best of all Gabri set me up with the best surfing instructor Gianni who lives right next door. He gave me an experience I couild only dream of. We stayed there the last week of April. Great price. Worth every penny and more. One more thing, we loved Ricky also but sadly he was taking his family to Italy for a vistit a few days after we arrived. Gracias por a gran vacaciones! Beth

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Griss Lodge is just far enough away from the busy town area to make it quaint and quiet. Close to the beautiful beach and some great restaurants. Selma and Gabriel were gracious hosts, and our room was much more than we imagined.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeslieMcCain
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I´m an avid traveler and spend lot of days out of home for business. I spent 5 days in Santa Teresa two weeks ago for vacations. A friend recommended us to stay at Griss Lodge and Villas and was the best advise we could have. Right across the beach!!!!.
There are 6 wonderful wood houses. We stayed at one on the top floor. It was very spacious, the beds very comfortable and extremely clean although you are living in the middle of nature. There is wifi and a security box at the room. The staff/owners are wonderful, they treat us always like a member of their family, we had good time learning surf like friends and at the same time you have the intimacy you deserve sometimes when you want to rest.
I never surfed in my life and two of the owners from Griss tought us the basics to stand on the board and get some waves, it ROCKS!!!!
Griss has a place in my heart for sure I will return many times in the rest of my life , hopefully sooner than later. You won´t go wrong with GRISS.

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer but at the same time have more light.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went at the Griss with a friend in a surf trip. The managers of the hotel are great, friendly, helping and concern for their customers. The villas were clean, spacious and very well located for surfing.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in the main big house. The owners next door we're so welcoming, anything we needed they would help us out. The house was so clean with everything you need, I could live there! It's so close to the beach. Everyone that works there was so friendly. We stayed for a week out of our 2 week trip all over Costa Rica. As we travelled around after staying at Griss we kept wishing we were back there. We will 100% be back at Griss as soon as we can. I have nothing but positive things to say about this place.

Room Tip: The owners take such good care of the property I'm sure every room is great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had great interactions with the owners / managers. Very friendly, kind, and responsive. Location is right across the beach about a 3 min walk. Houses are lovely, accommodating, and decorated well. I went with two of my girlfriends and we had an absolute blast. I highly recommend staying at Griss. My stay was only four nights but I could have easily lived there for months.

• Stayed February 2013