My girlfriend and I stayed at Canaima for 12 days and it was the best decision we ever made. The location, the decoration, the staff. It was all amazing. We got in late because of the time our flight got in and it's a little trek from San Jose to Santa Teresa, but that is not a problem. As soon as we got in we were greeted by Marta and shown to our room and Juan Carlos had left a nice little note for us. The next morning we met Juan Carlos and he is a really great guy and extra personable. He told us about all of the places to eat at in Santa Teresa as well as where the grocery stores were and all of the "happenings" in town. Marta and Jaime who worked the front desk were super awesome and friendly. Anything you needed or wanted to know they were more than helpful. We also got to know them and become friends with them. We you are here you feel like family and that it's just an extended home. I loved the decoration of the rooms and how everything was so open. The jungle is your back yard. Our room also had a gas stove and a refrigerator which was awesome for the nights we just wanted to stay in and cook. So I see some people complaining about no A/C. It's really not that bad and if you feel it's "that bad" believe me your body will get used to it and you will start to realize that you don't really "need" A/C. Also, people complained about the hill. That isn't that bad either. My girlfriend and I actually enjoyed the walk up and down it. The first time we were maybe a little tired, but that's the whole reason we came to Santa Teresa in Costa Rica instead of a resort, to get away from the stagnant American lifestyles. The beach is very close and I love how the community stops what they are doing to gather on the beach and watch the sunset. The howler monkeys would hang out in the trees and howl at ATV's as they drove by which was pretty funny. Canaima and everyone there is amazing and I can't wait to be back in Santa Teresa and at Canaima. Juan Carlos, Marta, and Jaime made our stay perfect and I can't thank them enough! Also, take some surf lessons from Juan Carlos. I took one later in the trip, but I definitely wish I had taken them more and sooner. He is an awesome teacher and very patient with his students.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our "pillow swimming pool".Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 Suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa