The Canaima Chill House was a great place to stay our entire 10 days in Costa Rica. It was luxurious and peaceful, yet still social when I wanted it to be. I traveled with my best friend and we are in our early thirties--too old to party all night but too young to not want some social interactions. The Canaima was perfect for this because you can hang out on your own private deck if you want some privacy (even pull the curtains yet still feel the breeze) or go out on the public deck with the pool to meet some people or have a beer. It gets quiet around 9pm there, so its easy to get up early and have a surf session just down the road. The kitchens are perfect, because we saved a lot of money cooking some of our own meals, but were close enough to go out to eat as well. The staff are amazing...they help you out in planning a day, giving restaurant advice or telling you where to go have fun. The pool is the best when you walk up the dusty hill to get to the Canaima--so relaxing and cool! The jungle atmosphere is perfect when wanting to get off the strip of Santa Teresa and into some shade and comfort. The hill up to the hotel is steep, so if you aren't ready for that, rent a 4-Wheeler. We didn't have the breakfast that is optional and served by the hotel, but friends we meet said it was great! Also, I took surf lessons from Juan Carlos and he is fantastic--whether you are a beginner or more advanced, he can help. In general, I can't say enough good things about this place...I will be coming again and again because it really is the best place in Santa Teresa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our "rustic boutique hotel" is a jungle oasis, only 500 meters away from one of the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rica.In Canaima Chill House, luxury is experienced in harmony with nature and simple sensations such as, relaxing on a bamboo hanging bed, listening to the amazing sounds of the jungle or chilling in our "pillow swimming pool".Sensations which are hard to explain, sensations which are simple to feel.- 4 Suites (for 2 people)- 4 suites-loft (up to 4 people)- Swimming Pool- Chill Deck- Outdoor Jacuzzi- WI-FI- Personalized services- Cocktail and smoothie bar- Room service breakfast (optional) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Canaima Chill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canaima Chill House Hotel Santa Teresa
- Canaima Chill House Costa Rica/Santa Teresa